Help me put a cozy master bedroom together
yadi8186
This is our bedroom set and I honestly don't know how to make it cozy with a contemporary feel to it. We are moving to a house we just purchased and the master room is currently white. What color should I paint the walls to make this set stand out? How should I decorate around it? Keep in mind that the room where this pic was taken is not where it will actually be. Also the side lamps are kind of the same color as the furniture so they blend in. What lamps would make it pop?? Any suggestions are more than welcomed. Thank you for your time
elklaker
Your pictures didn't attach. Try again.
0 Likes   April 9, 2013 at 3:10PM
yadi8186
Here we go again. The last empty room is the new room where the bedroom set will be.
0 Likes   April 9, 2013 at 3:24PM
yadi8186
Anyone?
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:47AM
brody1313
It's a beautiful bedroom suite......sort of hollywood glam.......I would say definitely a deeper shade, not dark, playing off the color on your headboard ....you need to go lamp shopping...your lamps are lost against your bed.....they need to be large and hefty to balance w/your bed.....all white bedding is the thing now and gray walls.......keep your linens solid and neutral....I am not good w/color off the computer....good luck, you can have a wow bedroom....can't wait to see it...
1 Like   April 10, 2013 at 5:57AM
michigammemom
Your furnishings are quite ornate, so a contemporary look will be difficult to accomplish. I like the idea of a soothing blue wall color with your ivory bedroom suite and a more transitional style.
2 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:59AM
mpoulsom
I totally agree with michigammemom......if you are not into blue, you could also go with a gray green (sage)...but my first choice is blue!
1 Like   April 10, 2013 at 6:05AM
yadi8186
I definitely had not thought of blue as a color but after seeing the picture shown by michigammemom I definitely think its a possibility. I love the shade of that blue, is not too overwhelming but rather calming.
I love also the suggestions by brody1313 about the lamps. I've known for a while that they needed to be changed I just need to find the right ones. The idea o whites in the beds I like so I can keep things neutral and calming.
Here is another question. How should I dress the window where the bed would be against? In the last empty room the bed headrest will be directly against the window....any drapery there???
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 6:15AM
How to put together a cozy, fresh, eclectic bedroom.
I am starting from scratch. I don't like all matchy-matchy...
Brenda Hamdan
How to design and put together an attractive Master bedroom that will
I just stumbled on to this app, and I love !!! I'm...
thetesta5
need help putting my bedroom together!
all in all I'm pretty satisfied with how our bedroom...
cc_729
Help me put my demo back together, please :)
We purchased a 1960's ranch and took out some of the...
Liz
Please help me put this foyer together
Need this done by August 30. After 10 years, we are...
qcade5871
White Wash Cabinets
I had been planning to paint my existing oak cabinets...
indigo152
Backsplash tile
Hello! We are installing backsplash tiles and are not...
julessly
Need ideas for window treatment
My son( 18 years old) is redecorating his music studio...
sondramartina
Office-den needs a facelift
My office/den was filled with dark, traditional furniture....
deborahjarman
Creative search in progress. Wardrobe
A great example of our creative ideas to lift the mood...
Vanguard development LA