Help me put a cozy master bedroom together
yadi8186
This is our bedroom set and I honestly don't know how to make it cozy with a contemporary feel to it. We are moving to a house we just purchased and the master room is currently white. What color should I paint the walls to make this set stand out? How should I decorate around it? Keep in mind that the room where this pic was taken is not where it will actually be. Also the side lamps are kind of the same color as the furniture so they blend in. What lamps would make it pop?? Any suggestions are more than welcomed. Thank you for your time
elklaker
Your pictures didn't attach. Try again.
April 9, 2013 at 3:10pm   
yadi8186
Here we go again. The last empty room is the new room where the bedroom set will be.
April 9, 2013 at 3:24pm   
yadi8186
Anyone?
April 10, 2013 at 5:47am   
brody1313
It's a beautiful bedroom suite......sort of hollywood glam.......I would say definitely a deeper shade, not dark, playing off the color on your headboard ....you need to go lamp shopping...your lamps are lost against your bed.....they need to be large and hefty to balance w/your bed.....all white bedding is the thing now and gray walls.......keep your linens solid and neutral....I am not good w/color off the computer....good luck, you can have a wow bedroom....can't wait to see it...
April 10, 2013 at 5:57am     
michigammemom
Your furnishings are quite ornate, so a contemporary look will be difficult to accomplish. I like the idea of a soothing blue wall color with your ivory bedroom suite and a more transitional style.
April 10, 2013 at 5:59am     
mpoulsom
I totally agree with michigammemom......if you are not into blue, you could also go with a gray green (sage)...but my first choice is blue!
April 10, 2013 at 6:05am     
yadi8186
I definitely had not thought of blue as a color but after seeing the picture shown by michigammemom I definitely think its a possibility. I love the shade of that blue, is not too overwhelming but rather calming.
I love also the suggestions by brody1313 about the lamps. I've known for a while that they needed to be changed I just need to find the right ones. The idea o whites in the beds I like so I can keep things neutral and calming.
Here is another question. How should I dress the window where the bed would be against? In the last empty room the bed headrest will be directly against the window....any drapery there???
April 10, 2013 at 6:15am   
How to put together a cozy, fresh, eclectic bedroom.
I am starting from scratch. I don't like all matchy-matchy...
need help putting my bedroom together!
All in all I'm pretty satisfied with how our bedroom...
Help me put my demo back together, please :)
We purchased a 1960's ranch and took out some of the...
Please help me put this foyer together
Need this done by August 30. After 10 years, we are...
Are you a big fan of glamping or camping?
I'm not a camping fan at all. I can't stand not knowing...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Front door colour
I'm stuck with these house colours for awhile. Soft...
Mid-Century ranch needs some curb appeal
Just replaced the roof on our mid-century California-style...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...