Need help choosing paint color and rug style...
nicolepayer
I need help choosing a paint color and rug idea to complete this look also any other suggestions for this space.
Dexter Sykes
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 4:51AM
olldroo
Nicole, is there a problem with the present colour? What colours do you like - this is your home remember and you will be the one living with it - what do you want to achieve for the room, what colour is the adjoining room?

Unfortunately, with such an open question, you will have at least 50 colours recommended to you to the point you will be totally confused. Can I suggest you check out living room photos here for colours that attract you, or if you have some colour choices then add those to your search. Then check out photos of rugs - there are only 47,000 of them - or check websites for any local stores and narrow your choice down and then we can help you pull it all together.
1 Like   April 10, 2013 at 5:02AM
Amy Stanley
I find the present color really soothing- it is great back drop to add color in accessories. The art piece that you have made the focal point is way to small though for that wall, something larger with some color would spice up your room. A vibrant rug and some pillows could also add a splash of color to your room. What colors are you drawn to it is hard to get a feel looking at these pictures.
1 Like   April 10, 2013 at 5:11AM
nicolepayer
I love greens, blues, turquoise, whites and oranges/browns....plus love white and black.
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:13AM
carolins
Hi, you have two discussions going about the same object. Talking about confusing... hehe.

You have two different styles going on in this room. The mid-century modern credenza and end table (I really like both) are fighting with the more Pottery Barn-style lamps and twigly things in the plant and the coffee table. The sofas will blend in with both styles I suspect.

I just looked at your ideabook and it seems that you're leaning towards modern, clean lines, but with a touch of warmth and softness.

So I'm going to suggest you change the coffee table and the lamps, bring colour into the room with a rug and bigger art and leave the wall colour as it is. It's a nice colour. Once you've got the other things sussed, your room will feel totally different and you may not want to paint. If you still do, you can pick a colour from your rug or your art and go with that for paint.

Does that make sense to you?
1 Like   April 10, 2013 at 5:21AM
Amy Stanley
Do you want to keep the soothing feeling or are you looking to spice it up?
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:23AM
nicolepayer
Take a look at my recent posted discussions...both before and afters...the guestbathroom that you see is just off this living space...black and white so I want to try to find a way to join the two...eventually I want to put either grey or white sofa in this room. We have three livingrooms so $$$ I am trying to work with what I have right now.
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:25AM
Amy Stanley
I think you can tie the glass table in by using a glass base lamp on your end table and just remove the floor lamp all together and push that plant into the corner instead-
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:32AM
olldroo
What colour is the adjoining room and do you intend leaving that?

Your room looks lovely and light and airy so you could go with any of those colours - the greens/blues/turquoise will give the room a cool look where the oranges and browns will be warm. However blues and browns go well together and orange always makes a nice pop with blues and greens. Lots of white is great for keeping the room fresh. I do love your timber floor colour too.

This is a room that brings in the blues and browns and you could leave your walls as they are

[houzz=Cat Mountain Residence]

And a few random ideas

[houzz=Living Room]

[houzz=East Living Room in Spanish Oaks]

[houzz=Transitional Style Living Space]
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:33AM
michigammemom
I like the khaki wall color you presently have. It's soothing and it suits your warm hardwood floors. I would suggest this olive botanical themed rug from Home Decorators.
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:34AM
olldroo
I honestly don't feel a guest bathroom is significant enough to try to tie in with a sitting room unlike an adjoining dining or bedroom.
1 Like   April 10, 2013 at 5:36AM
Amy Stanley
After looking at your before and after shots of your other rooms, I think keeping this room with a cool soothing pattern works. Is that a radio on your main wall, I am wondering if you could move this out of your focal point area and instead add a larger piece onto that table.

Find a larger print for that wall that you love first, then it will be easier to decide on rug and accessories.

Check out overstock they have some large canvas art that might work for you.
0 Likes   April 10, 2013 at 5:39AM
need help choosing wall paint color for western style
I need help choosing a wall paint color for my new...
Need help with choosing paint colors and style.
Suggestion has been SW Grecian Ivory for all trim around...
I need help in choosing an exterior paint color for my West Coast style home.
I need to repaint my West Coast style home and cannot...
Need help with choosing a color to paint Shaker style kitchen cabinets
They will be seen from my living room and dining areas....
Kitchen Color Advice Needed
Hi - and thank you in advance for your advice and help! We...
New roof color
Hi, we're going to put on a new roof. We're replacing...
Need help room that serves as a sitting area and dinning room
I've had 3 different designers (not from houzz) that...
Wood color of the table - is it working?
I ordered a new dining set and we finally got it. The...
Waiting for your suggestions respects my kitchen carpet
I'm waiting for my kitchen carpet suggestions kitchen...