Which layout is better...
nicolepayer
I can't seem to figure out how to place my furniture in this space....which layout is more pleasing....?
laslin
I like the top picture myself. I would maybe lower your two pictures a little bit. I am not a professional decorator but I love doing this stuff;-)
April 9, 2013 at 8:40pm   
747.2fra
I wish your pics were taken from the same angle. But based on these I like the 1st option. It feels more cozy to me.
April 9, 2013 at 8:41pm   
Ed
Nicole, it seems the first photo is better -- suggestion: in the above 2 photos, you moved the ( camera together with the sofa ), so the room "moved". Could you also take 2 more photos, where you keep the camera fixed on the same location (and direction) on the floor ? :)
April 9, 2013 at 8:42pm   
cmcole1121
agree it is hard to tell with the different angles but i'd say the first one. although i guess it depends what you use the room for (how much seating you need). also i think your print is too small and too high over the cabinet.
April 9, 2013 at 8:44pm   
restart
The first one looks really gorgeous! The second seems more cramped to me but also don't take my word for it. I am no professional decorator either. ....This gives me even more inspiration with what has become an endless amount of furniture arranging.
April 9, 2013 at 8:45pm   
Ed
Nicole, in other words --
For the first layout, take 1 photo with the camera around A (facing the window) and take another photo with the camera around B (facing the photo frame on the wall).
If you have the time (and energy), you can also take a 3rd and 4th photo, with the camera at the other 2 sides of the room.
Do the same thing with the second layout.
You can also close the curtain, or take the photos at different hours of the day to see different results. :)
April 9, 2013 at 8:58pm   
panjatty
It's hard to tell from the pictures -- a shot from in front of the china cabinet looking into the room would be good. Maybe you're having trouble placing the furniture because it's the wrong furniture for the room? It looks like you've got sort of a mid-century modern theme going which is thrown off by the sectional. It's a very nice piece, but it doesn't fit the style. Also, no matter which way you place it, it will either block the window, or block the opening between the rooms. A sofa along the wall between the sconces with two chairs facing it across the coffee table would open up the room (and lower the art piece over the sofa). Definitely needs the rug to define the space, though. It's a beautiful floor but in that expanse it needs the rug to ground the furniture. I like the console under the mirror in the corner. I also like the two ottomans with the little cushions -- maybe put them under the windows instead where they won't block the view. Good luck!
April 9, 2013 at 9:01pm   
nicolepayer
Thanks Panjatty..yes my sectional throws me off too. I have two other living rooms in this house but having trouble with furniture and space...thanks for your advice.
April 9, 2013 at 9:04pm   
cmcole1121
Also I've noticed you have started many discussions about the same room. I would suggest you just stick to one.
April 9, 2013 at 9:26pm   
nicolepayer
Yes, Christine...I realize this...first time trying this and kept finding more photos to assist in commenting. I will try better next time:)
April 9, 2013 at 9:58pm   
cmcole1121
I understand. Did u figure out how u can add more pics to a discussion as u go along? Just wanted to make sure u knew u could do this (rather than starting a new discussion).
April 10, 2013 at 12:32am     
LB Interiors
I see you have two discussions posted. It becomes too confusing for us to be of help. This happened with a houzzer before. Some of us had no idea what was going on. Maybe you can tell everyone that this one is closed? Your other post had some more pics that was helpful.
April 10, 2013 at 1:09am     
nicolepayer
This post is closed..thank you for your advice
April 10, 2013 at 5:09am   
Which bathroom layout is better?
Up in the air about which layout I like best for our...
Which kitchen wall layout is better for the beverage center?
We are having a tricky time deciding between these...
Which layout is better?
I talked to my contractor and ended up with two options...
Which layout do you like better??
We need to buy a couch this weekend and have taped...
Which layout is better for our master bedroom ?
Because we are moving to a new house we decided we...
MASTER BEDROOM CONFUSION...HELP!!
My master bedroom is painted Dulux Beige Royale and...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Help with design and furniture arrangement in new house!
Hello - We are moving into our new house next week...
Tile Flooring Question
Does anyone know of a product I could put on Porcelain...
Grey floor tiles
Hi just designing new house ; kitchen is THE VIP room...