What deep blue Benjamin paint can I use in my narrow front entrance with wainscoting on 1/2 wall? My living ro
vdj8
The rest of the rooms in the house are cool tones: smokey taupe, silver satin, & slate.
Blue with grey undertones would work with your color scheme: Santa Monica Blue. But always remember to try a sample first as colours change after 24 hours and on what type of surface you paint them on.
April 10, 2013 at 11:08pm   
Erno Windt
Here's one for you to consider: Blue Echo http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/blueecho
I have it in a tray ceiling and other accents. Amsterdam looks interesting: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/amsterdam
April 10, 2013 at 11:12pm   
Shannon Pavey
I recently did a little research on blue paint colors. I think Benjamin Moore Riverway or Templeton Gray would look great with your floors and wainscoting.

April 10, 2013 at 11:22pm   
Shannon Pavey
Here's BM Riverway....
April 10, 2013 at 11:23pm     
vdj8
Thank you for the responses. The living room area will be a silver sage coloring. If I keep a deep blue as an accent color, just on the right wall walking in, I can try to keep the left knee walls, living room, and going upstairs into the bedrooms the Silver Sage coloring...

If the Blue doesn't look too dark, is it right to paint ALL of the entrance and going upstairs into the bedrooms the deep blue? I am just not sure as to those knee walls on 1 side painted Blue and the the inside of the living room the silver sage. Where would I stop the blue before entering the living room?
April 11, 2013 at 8:43am   
vdj8
The front door will be painted Black (as is outside). Here are some silver sage colors but instead of a deep green for the front I'd like to go more towards Deep blues. Not sure if it will work ...
April 11, 2013 at 9:28am   
Carrie Wissner Designs
I wouldn't use deep blue. The contrast would make the hallway look much narrower.
April 11, 2013 at 9:30am   
vdj8
Thank you so much for your feedback. The color Blu Echo has some green to it that's pretty, and Santa Monica is very nice, not sure withy the silver sage. Riverway will not come up in the Bm search. This mirror (silver-pewter) will be on the wall :)
April 11, 2013 at 10:18am   
Shannon Pavey
Ooo sorry about that. It's a Sherwin Williams color. Whoops!
April 11, 2013 at 10:43am   
Shannon Pavey
April 11, 2013 at 10:46am   
vdj8
Riverway is pretty. We are trying to stay with more color, less gray and making sure it will blend to the dining room, Smokey taupe. Can you recommend a very light blue/ green for the living room, also blending with the smokey taupe & if we do Riverway?
April 11, 2013 at 12:10pm   
Dream Family Room for our Growing Family!
Hi everyone, We are nearing the end of two (very long!)...
Need help with bathroom mirrors
I'm looking for suggestions for bathroom mirrors -...
Need help to update Liviing room and powder room decor
We are planning to update with new décor. ( living...
Kitchen Sink location
Boy, I wish I had found Houzz before we started the...
need help with kitchen backsplash
Brazilian cherry floor, maple cabinets, black galaxy...