How do I design interiors of my rented pink room?
Olivia Gerardo
I just moved into my pink rented room. I don't know how will make it more spacious inspite of the small size. It's around 12mx6 m. I am studying at the same time working. I have lots of books placed under my the other single bed. I am planning to put away the other single sized bed and just retain one single bed.
varonjy
bright blue curtains :)
April 11, 2013 at 12:56am   
Ed
Olivia, some lighter colors (including the existing pink) can help make the room feel more open and bigger. Horizontal lines can also help make it look wider. Maybe mirrors, too. :) Or, maybe some LED strips along the ceiling edges? :)
shoup residence + office compound
Houzz Tour: An Architectural Relic Thrives in the Heartland of Ohio
The Aalto
East Village Studio
April 11, 2013 at 1:03am   
If you use a complementary colour I think you will make it smaller.

I love this pink - it looks like a blush. I would work with creams and muted dark greys to make it sophisticated. You have one bed, the other space can be used for a desk with cabinets and even affix a box shelf above.
Cabinets in white accents in grey and variations of blush.

Cream curtains with grey ties would work and a nice cozy rug in cream or grey silver would work.
April 11, 2013 at 1:07am     
image
April 11, 2013 at 1:09am     
Olivia Gerardo
Thank you so much,sir/madam for the helpful suggestions that you mentioned.
April 11, 2013 at 3:07am   
My pleasure!
April 11, 2013 at 3:08am   
sandy3877
Hello! If you cannot paint it, then I agree with the previous comment. Different shades of grays with blue undertones would look great. As an accent color, so you don't get completely over loaded with pinks and grays, I would add a medium - dark shade of plum, or a teal/turquoise (that will pull any blue under tones from your gray pallet, and really modernize the room.) The windows are tricky. What floor are you on and how much natural light do you get?
April 11, 2013 at 8:29pm   
Barnhart Gallery
ASV, that mirror makes me want a pink room! Great call. Think light and airy Olivia, and good luck with all of your work and studies.
April 11, 2013 at 8:34pm     
sandy3877
Also, I would accessorize with the grays and teal/turquoise colors and use a splash here and there of the pink. You could also get color ideas from fabric, depending on what you use for window treatments or one awesome print/picture with pink somewhere in it. Just pull 2 colors from the fabric or print/picture. Throw rug and pillows, pillows, pillows! in different shapes and fabrics. You should get some texture in there. It really depends on how much money you have to spend, or how you are with DIY projects.
April 11, 2013 at 8:35pm   
sandy3877
Are you using this room kind of as a studio apartment? (Is it going to be your living room/bedroom/office/study area's all in one?)
April 11, 2013 at 8:38pm   
Olivia Gerardo
Sandy3877: My rented room is not a studio/apt. It's just a plain rented room. It's my living room cum bedroom cum study room. I have to maximize it
April 12, 2013 at 10:55pm   
Olivia Gerardo
Sandy3877: I am on the ground floor. My rppm gets alpt of sunshine, coz I live in the tropics.
April 12, 2013 at 10:58pm   
Olivia Gerardo
Sandy3877: I am on the ground floor. My room gets alot of sunshine, coz I live in the tropics.
April 12, 2013 at 10:59pm   
Cheery Curtains
Hope these curtain designs will give you some inspirations.
April 12, 2013 at 11:30pm   
Stamps Design Services
I would go with lots of white; draperies, bedding, etc.
April 12, 2013 at 11:32pm   
Olivia Gerardo
Sandy3877;Barnhart GalleryASV;Stamps Design Services,ETC. Thank you very much for helpful tips you gave.
June 12, 2013 at 10:45am     
Help me re-style the buffet please
This antique buffet also serves as a foyer piece and...
Need help Choosing a Red Paint Color for my Living Room
We moved into a new home with a red living room. I...
I am buying a property with too much marble and stone
The kitchen is the worst part - granite counter tops...
Replacement windows experience? Pella, Simonton ??...
We bought a home in Tampa we love, but has single paned...