Decking Question...TigerWood?

kennadysmamaApril 11, 2013
Hi Everyone, Looking for some help.
My hubby and I are redoing our deck. We have a large deck in our backyard (about 700 square feet) that connects the back of our home to our chlorinated pool. There is also an area we use for BBQ and dinning. We have a busy familiy, kids and a 120lb dog. We are looking for a product that has longevity (we plan on being in this house for a long time) and strength so that it will hold up to dog claws, kids toys and pool water. We live in Southern Ontario (for my US friends, our weather is very similar to Detroit, MI)- so we can have very warm summers, and pretty cold winters too. As a younger family, we also need to watch our pennies. We like the idea of IPE, but do not love the price tag, esp bc our deck is so large. We came across the idea of a wood called "Tiger Wood". It appears to be very durable (from what I have read) and is a bit more cost effective. Has anyone used this product in a decking application? Pros? Cons? How does it stand up over time? Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much in advance for your time!!
Rockin' Fine Finish
It grays out like ipe it's very durable you have to wash it every year with your use but that's any deck . I like tiger wood especially because or the striping it looks interesting I do recommend a seat coat or stain it will last longer I would have it sealed on all sides before install and have it also sealed on cut ends. Hope this helps
1 Like    Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 7:23AM
Paint a fireplace surround.
How do I paint my brass surround on my fireplace??...
rshannahan0730
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
wickedwhite
Ugliest fireplace in existence
I think I have the ugliest fireplace in existence....
Nanette Reid
Painting over the fireplace: is it too small?
Please help me decide! Should I find a bigger painting...
irenale