Need help with exterior house paint color.
asher925April 11, 2013
We purchased this 1972 home December 2012 and have been working on the fundamentals of the house ie AC& heating, natural gas, interior painting and remodeling the bathrooms and now it is time to do the outside. We did change the stairs and are putting up a gate and fence.
Need suggestions for color schemes. We would also like to change the windows later this year and maybe even stone 1/3 of the way up and stucco the house. However for right now we are just going to paint. Need colors and suggestions for the front. Any other landscape suggestions for landscaping will be greatly appreciated.
We are on 3 acres and have a sort of circular drive way. It looks more like the top part of an exclamation mark.

We do not have many people around us since we are pretty secluded so we have a blank canvas.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asher925
Here are two more pictures of the house
    Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 7:36AM
asher925
As you can see from the pictures we brought in 3 trucks of dirt because the center where the crepe myrtle is was sunken and water would stand after a rain. I have added wings and removed the railing to the existing steps and now I want to stain the stairs so that it looks the same. We also replaced the front door which was just a plain solid door. Both my husband and I like the door color and are wondering if we should paint the shutters that same color and maybe a tan for the field color. We have also changed the light fixtures on both the house and the ones along the side walk. We are wondering if we should extend the side walk with some brick or other material or just rip it out completely and start all over and add more creativity to the whole area. Also would like some ideas with planting materials around the house as well as the center as you drive onto the property. We live in San Antonio, Texas.
    Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 7:44AM
asher925
Well it has been 3 days and I have decided to go ahead and paint. Will show the after pictures along with all the changes. Thanks for all the help or rather lack of.
    Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 9:15PM