Window Trimmings???
tsmith129
We have these massive windows that take up the whole wall in our master bedroom. The trim is only at the bottom, with drywall around the sides/top. Should we install wood trim, like in the attached photo, with maybe some plantation shutters? Or forget the trim and just do some drapes/curtains? All the windows in the home have drywall trim like these.
Studio NOO Design
Yes, white trims and california shutters...you can still put decorative curtain panels on the sides to give warmth and a touch of color. Good luck !
April 11, 2013 at 2:34PM   
Ekhaya Designs
The trim will make the windows look finished whether you have drapery or not. Are you considering drapery for any other function like covering the windows or just to dress up the windows?
April 11, 2013 at 2:38PM   
tsmith129
I think depending on the drapery, it might end up hiding the trim, thus defeating the purpose of doing the trim. Some side panels would work though. Would I have to do the rest of the windows in the house so that these don't stand out? Is it worth it to do all the windows in terms of value added when you go to sell the home?
April 11, 2013 at 2:54PM   
Cheery Curtains
Hope these curtain designs will give you some inspirations
April 11, 2013 at 7:50PM   
A. Peltier Interiors
I am working on a home in Florida right now and it too has no moldings around the widows. It is more of a Mediterranean style so we opted not to add trim and then did drapery panels. We also needed privacy on a few of them so we did a bamboo type blind. They look great without the molding, but the style of the home lends itself to that. If you love the molding look and have it in your budget i say go for it. If it is too expensive then don't sweat it and do some panels. I also love plantation shutters but again are more expensive. You have lots of good options i would just do some price comparison and really hone in on what would make you happy.
April 11, 2013 at 8:11PM     
Ironwood Builders
Trim them out!
April 11, 2013 at 8:19PM     
Twisted Minds Custom Designs
Is there enough of a window frame left exposed to install trim without butting up to glass? Otherwise you will need to remove the drywall returns to accommodate for new trim. Either way, if you can afford to, I would recommend adding the trim.
April 11, 2013 at 8:23PM   
I would add drapery rods all across the wall and hang panels at ends and between for softness and color. You could add inside mount roman shades for layering. Make a feature wall out of fabric and color - look at smith and noble catalog. In a master bedroom, yes, the trim would be nice, but the drapery will make more of a difference visually in your space.
April 11, 2013 at 8:44PM   
need an idea for this back wall on the patio
what can I do to cover the foundation. Any ideas?
HELP: need advice re medicine cabinets and mirrors
We are doing a new master bedroom suite and will have...
Ideas for porch divider - ceiling to floor
We recently moved to a twin home (one with black front...
Ideas to modernize dining room set? Please ???
I inherited this set from my parents and hate it. ...
Privacy from neighbor deck
This is a pic of the backdoor steps. The first thing...