affordable wide plank pine flooring
snausages
April 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We love the look of reclaimed wood flooring but not the price tag that goes along with it. We are especially fond of heart pine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how we can get the look, or find it in engineered flooring?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Look at this website..or one of the others that come up when you google "heart pine engineered flooring"
http://www.southernwoodfloors.com/heart-pine-select-engineered.html
April 11, 2013 at 9:26PM   
PRO
Oak & Broad
snausages Heart Pine flooring prices are going to be all over the place for several reasons. The grade of flooring, lengths, age, source, and story behind the floor will all play into the pricing. You can afford the flooring if you find a direct source and not just a reseller. We resaw antique heart pine beams into planks and then run them into flooring whenever needed. Going the engineered route to try and go cheaper may not be the best idea unless absolutely necessary. If you have any questions shoot me an email. joel@eutree.com
April 12, 2013 at 6:37AM     
snausages
thanks very much for the info!
April 13, 2013 at 6:18AM   
PRO
Hull Forest Products
Another affordable option would be to go with newly sawn wide pine flooring, staining it to get the look of old pine. A lot of our clients do this. This link takes you to one example, price starts at $4.27/square foot: http://www.hullforest.com/wide-plank-pine-flooring-premium-grade-p-45.html?image_id=56
April 25, 2013 at 6:18AM   
More Discussions
Now What???!
So we bought this reclining couch set , very hard to...
Patterned bedding?
A houzz image search for "patterned bedding" turns...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Which Countertops, backsplash, etc. with traditional cinnamon maple ca
Hi all, We've just bought a new house. It's currently...
Need help with accent chair
I am redesigning my family room. I just bought a cream...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™