sitting room within master bedroom
gulmohar
April 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
hi! i have a problem at hand .all the photos in which sitting room is attached to the bedroom I saw so far ,have bed against a wall and the bed overlooks the sitting room .

Is it possible that bed itself divides the masterbedroom into two parts --.head end of the bed forming a partial wall so that somebody sitting on the bed is facing away from the sitting room .the two rooms are one continous yet divided ---total area available is 27x15 feet .

The division has to be such that standing in the sitting room one is able to see whole of bed room but somebody on the bed is not in line of vision

I just cannot percieve the arrangement --
can anybody please help?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shelleyuk
0 Likes   April 12, 2013 at 3:12AM
0 Likes   April 12, 2013 at 3:13AM
PRO
OnePlan
a modification to this design might work for you ! beds don't have to be against walls !!!
0 Likes   April 12, 2013 at 3:23AM
aimran
a tempered glass wall like an island in the middle against which the bed can be placed.. lower half plus 3-4ft be sand blasted.. or frosted for privacy..

also a closet can be designed for this space instead of glass..

vertical aluminium (or other material) louvers would be great too..
0 Likes   April 12, 2013 at 3:28AM
PRO
Dytecture
for the size of bedroom described it is possible, just be aware that the moment you place a bed in the middle of the room you are basically cutting the size in half.
2 Likes   April 12, 2013 at 5:29AM
aimran
sliding chinese style doors/partition?
1 Like   April 12, 2013 at 5:38AM
gulmohar
Thankyou very much for your views and effort .
I am now attching the actual drawing of the bedroom .It is located on the upper ground floor and southwest in position. Actually the house is a duplex so relation of the room to the external and internal stairs is also visible .

I would like your suggestions regarding placement of bed as it is placed now in the drawing and any other best arrangement for the rooom. Trying to find best arrangement for the bathroom with dresser .Some ideas regarding the interior of the room as well is also most welcome.
0 Likes   April 15, 2013 at 12:47AM
aimran
how about the bed against the window with the tv across.. with glass siding partition such that access be from both sides whichever side the glass panels are slid to..

ideas for interior are best given, depending on views outside n other rooms of the house..
0 Likes   April 15, 2013 at 1:07AM
gulmohar
Thanks ,but there is an issue with the window thing .The view outside the window is lost if I put the bed against the window.This will also block the option of having openable windows as well as planning a french or a bay window for that wall . I would also like to have a frank opinion as to the feel of the room in this particular arrangement ---will it appear too small ,divided or ok .any picture ideas for half partitions which are beautiful and sophisticated.
0 Likes   April 16, 2013 at 12:19AM
aimran
from the bed, not just the tv is in the view but also the dressing room door, which i don't like.. and when you do have the bedroom lengthwise, why not place the bed longwise is what i would think..
0 Likes   April 16, 2013 at 12:47AM
PRO
OnePlan
Would it make seance to move the bed forward towards the closet and bathroom and make the living area larger ?! That's a lot of wasted space at the end of the bed ?!
1 Like   April 16, 2013 at 3:01AM
PRO
OnePlan
Or move the bed to the other wall and have folding doors so you create a view out the window from bed ?! And make the lounge feel bigger too ?!
0 Likes   April 16, 2013 at 3:10AM
carolins
@OnePlan, you mean, sit around a table holding hands and trying to move the bed forward with mindpower? lol

You could do a half wall, coming from the outside wall, on the corner of the balcony, so that when you come into the room, you don't have to walk around first but can go directly towards bedroom or sitting room. I would place the sectional that you've drawn with the long side to the wall opposite the balcony.

Place the TV against the half wall on a swivel arm so that it is visible from the seating area.

the vanity unit can go against the bathroom wall at the end of the bed, or against the wall opposite window.
2 Likes   April 16, 2013 at 3:11AM
aimran
say u could move the bed to opposite wall n center. and move the door to dressing in the corner of the wall.. the glass wall division like i commented before becomes a sliding one covering entire arch...
i have seen such a home on houzz, where an apartment was an all open plan.. there were two openings/doors on either side wall infront of bed.. bedroom seemed part n yet not of the adjacent room.. this means there is small stretch of wall like an island in this glass division for TV installation..
0 Likes   April 16, 2013 at 3:11AM
aimran
like so (sorry took liberty with your pic using paintbrush app). in second tv be installed on an island of a solid wall, remaining wall be of glass: use frosted tempered glass for doors n all..
this way you get another expanse of wall to do loads with n utilize full potential (area) of room.. also providing a wall surface on the back of the tv 'island' wall to the sitting area for say a painting, maybe? plus tehre won't be glare on the tv screen either if it's on teh wall-glass partition.. only issue being the slightly longer approach (i-e through dressing room) to bathroom area, which ain't so bad either..

in ur original plan i don't like how a door is sprouting out in the middle of a great expanse of wall... what a waste..
0 Likes   April 16, 2013 at 3:24AM
PRO
OnePlan
Haha - typo alert ! It's because I have strained my fingers doing all this bloomin typing !!!
1 Like   April 16, 2013 at 3:37AM
gulmohar
you people are really putting ides in my head --thanks .but again with this new arrangement you have created bathroom has become sought of inaccesible , Dressing and bathroom cannot be used independently by two persons for getting ready --office rushhour in the morning espcially!!!! another problem is entry to the balcony is lost from the bedroom which was there in previous plan .
Only position for the bed left to be explored is the wall opposite the window in the bedroom but that goes against vastu --which says don't sleep with head end towards north .
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 12:01AM
aimran
i don't like the north position either.. uhm i am confused about the baclony opening.. you have shown an opening with the window next to sofas.. is that space another balcony besides the toilet/bath (or is that the bathtub :D that i confused)?
i think bed positions i suggested maximize the best in the bedroom. to accomodate that interior of bath/dressing needs to be moved around.. such that you cna have openings(i-e doors) on either extreme end of wall for respective dressing/bath..
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 12:46AM
PRO
OnePlan
All suggestions so far have all been workable to us - otherwise we wouldn't have offered them up for your consideration, but to achieve specific design to cover things like Vastu rules, I think you should consider employing a local designer.
2 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 12:51AM