Need help decorating empty space above wet bar
Susy Rojas
Hi! I have never placed anything in that empty space as I do not want to make a mistake. When you open the front door, it is the first thing you see as the wet bar is in front of the front door. Ideas or pictures that can guide me will be appreciated! Thanks a lot!
Aggie Purvinska
I would put a life size statue of the builder who did this up there. Sorry it's Friday:)
April 12, 2013 at 8:46am     
AMN
I usually recommend that people just ignore those ledges. There's no reason to bring the eye up there. Your eye would be drawn to what is, basically, just a corner, and life happens below the roughly 8' level in most rooms. Make sure the room is grounded with at least a little dark color and incorporate visually-interesting furnishings, art, and accessories at the human-level. The ledge should fade into the background. If you have a pic of the whole room with the ground-view, that might be helpful for some designers and other members on the forum. Best wishes.
April 12, 2013 at 8:48am     
travisinteriors
I agree don't clutter the space. But if you feel it needs something try 2 tall pots. One taller than other. One 4 feet the other shorter.in color maybe a mix of red and blacks.
April 12, 2013 at 12:35pm     
Agree with AMN. Don't do anything to draw your eye up. Paint the molding the same as your wall color. Were it my room, I would not have the red up on the ceiling either, or, for that matter, no red at all, at least at that junction of your room.

If the space truly bugs you, possibly a mirror window? Then I would leave that trim white.

April 12, 2013 at 12:43pm   
Why do these ridiculous returns occur!!!? If you can, have a builder come in and dry wall it up to the ceiling.
April 12, 2013 at 12:53pm     
Kim Murphy
My eye is automatically drawn up to the area above your bar by the ceiling color in the other area. I think this is a great place to add a couple of great pieces., Either sculpture/iron or some wonderful large glass piece that could be different sizes/shape-but large. They could be colors that you take out of the art work that you see in your picture or color from the other rooms. The glass pieces would add interest and color plus they would reflect different with the lighting. Warms that area up, makes it become a part of the entire area and not just a space you left empty because you didn't know what to put up there.
Love original pieces for my clients, but Home Goods IS always a good place if you budget is not original pieces oriented.
Good Luck
April 12, 2013 at 12:55pm     
Susy Rojas
Hi Kim Murphy, I liked your idea about the glass pieces. i was at HomeGoods yesterday and found these two pieces which bring the colors i have throughout the house. will they work and how would i arrange them. my husband thinks i shoudl leave the brown wicked piece you would see in the pic to add to the space. What do you think. Thanks to all for your input.
April 22, 2013 at 7:38am   
Susy Rojas
I re-store the picture the right way. Sorry about that.
April 22, 2013 at 7:41am   
Linda.Linda2
This space is just another dust and spider web collector for most anything you put up there. Why not just paint it similar to the color you show on the back wall. The color will add all the interest you need.
April 22, 2013 at 8:57am     
cpriday
Aggie is hilarious. I have a space like this in my home and do nothing with it. If you HAVE to do something, i would keep it simple. Either bottles or basketc-not both. I like the graduated sizes.
March 18, 2014 at 2:56pm        Thanked by Susy Rojas
Decorating tips? Empty spaces - in need of help!
With just moving into our home - we face the problem...
Need ideas for above this wet bar for 2 room suite.
2 room suite. Not sure I want a mirror about this area...
Need help decorating empty apartment
Relocated abroad to a new empty apartment in a small...
need help for decorating this empty room
It's the living room.he wall is rather yellow.There's...
Need help decorating empty Living Room !
Large empty living room - decorators delight ! I...
Backsplash alignment
Okay.The backsplash finally installed. But you will...
Help. Dining room dilemma
I'm tired of the wood. Any suggestions? Want it brighter......
Property Line Disputes?
Ever have any issues with neighbors and property lines?...
Help with a bedroom
We just remodeled this bedroom. I love the bedding...
reducing echo in large spaces ?
We recently moved into our newly built house. I need...