Beautiful bath! Are you seeing large tubs as a requirement in every Master Bath?
M J
April 14, 2013 in Photo Questions
We are discussing the design of a home with two master suites. One is on the main level and one is on the second level: same size in every direction. Is a large soaking tub a requirement in every master these days? This is a fairly high-end market. Would a large double-head shower and no tub on the main level, large soaking tub and single head shower on the second level meet resale standards?
Kayron Brewer, CKD, CBD / Studio K B
Hello, I am seeing more and more master baths with larger showers with more options and either a smaller soaking tub, or no tub at all. Shower must haves: bench seat (heated is fantastic), hand shower, standard head and sometimes a rain head from the ceiling. Steam showers are great also!
April 14, 2013 at 10:22am     
M J
We will already have radiant heat in all floors, so the heated bench would not be a problem. Hadn't even thought of that possibility! Thank you for the information. That helps a lot. You do great work and I greatly enjoy seeing your photos.
April 14, 2013 at 11:10am   
Sheila Orkin
What chandelier did you use?
April 17, 2013 at 7:31pm     
Kayron Brewer, CKD, CBD / Studio K B
The chandelier was from Brocade Home, but they are no longer around.
April 21, 2013 at 1:45pm   
Vivienne Sinkow
In my SW Florida market many pull out their tubs and expand showers, however high end is now going for free standing tubs and faucets more for ambience than anything. Claw foots are really making their mark. You have two masters so why not do one of each.
March 14, 2014 at 3:31pm      Thanked by M J
Vivienne Sinkow
Only large tubs if you have a very large bathroom. I just bought a 48' claw foot for mine. I removed a very large corner tub. Granted I am only 5'4" and only wanted to use it to soak.
The result is my bathroom is now looking much bigger. Go to Signature hardware. I found a great selection at great prices and they have the faucets and drains. It was a little extra work to have the drain and water supply moved a few inches. But it will be awesome once everything is installed tomorrow. If you don't do the tub and enlarge the shower make sure you really trick it out with shower options and fabulous tile work. That's what sells houses. I have been doing this for 15 yrs and even in down markets the house with the most sparkle and gadgets sells faster and for higher prices. Hope this helps
March 16, 2014 at 9:10am      Thanked by M J
Brian Shelton
I'm seeing stand alone tubs, smaller to mid size showers, more storage and wall space, bigger closet and sitting space I think people are tired of cleaning. Wait I was dreaming
May 6, 2014 at 10:42pm        Thanked by M J
Does a master bath require a tub?
We are about to start a master bath renovation. We...
Thinking of installing large shower and no tub in master bath
I am concerned that not having a tub in the master...
Why does code require a tub in every house?
I know that codes are different from location to location,...
Craftsman style home with walkout basement
I am building a home on a lake and I really want a...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
Is this possible? - TINY 2/1 condo...NEED another 1/2 bath!!
I've been trying to figure out HOW we could possibly...
Need help for a teen room
My husbands family has a very old bed. It is beautiful...
Help with stair rails
As you can see in the picture, my staircase only has...