Desperately need held for half completed screened in porch
julielyday
I have great furniture although a little tight in this 10 x 12 space. I have beige curtains to hang, but don't know what rug would go with the swirl pillows. Or what else to do to make this a great space. Keep in mind I have a dog and 4 kids. Any advice would be appreciated.
calkelley
Home Depot has some beautiful rugs, swirls resembling yours but in dark brown. Inexpensive, outdoors
April 14, 2013 at 2:54PM     
Oellien Design, Inc.
How about bringing some life to the floor with a great outdoor rug that might pick the green tones in the pillows.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Greek-Key-Indoor-Outdoor-Area-Rug-710-x-112/3830424/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=SxhY6ko-KSYAABYCi6AAAAAA:20130414215241:s

Then maybe a nice candle chandlier over the table to illuminate some interesting light at night. Finally a bring some color into the room by some potted flowers or ferns. The room need few accessories and some more color to bring the room to life. You'll the room this season.
April 14, 2013 at 2:57PM     
Erlinda Horsley
continue to put screen in the upper section. In the lower part ,i suggest to put a chicken wire inside and still put the screen outside . the chicken wire is a protection from the dog or the kids might poke a hole if you put the screen inside.. the furniture sitting is just fine..
April 14, 2013 at 3:03PM     
julielyday
What do you think about a bright orange outdoor rug??? Question from post er. Or do I need to keep rug swirls or neutrals
April 14, 2013 at 3:51PM   
TMK Remodeling
Consider removing screens on bottom half and construct half wall with screens above. Helps contains dogs and kids and provides three season opportunity. You could go with screens that have plexiglas inserts that can really make it a three season room.
April 14, 2013 at 3:56PM     
Judy M
What fun colors, orange and green accents would be great. This is not a screened porch, but the colors are fun.

April 14, 2013 at 4:00PM     
Paula McDonald
If you add a swirl rug it's going to fight with your swirl pillows... Let go of the matching idea when it comes to patterns. Create continuity with color. Why not make it pop with a great solid rug - even a floral would light it up! Notice Judy M's pic - all kinds of fun designs but the color carries through the whole room...

What colors do you absolutely love? This is a room to have fun with! It won't cost a fortune to decorate and you can accessorize with some great patio dishes, planters and decor. And next year change it up a bit! The expensive stuff like the furniture remains neutral and can be paired with anything...
April 14, 2013 at 4:13PM     
lionnessone
Think geographic design!
I believe any colour you choose will look great!
[houzz=Screen Porch][houzz=Screened Porch][houzz=Traditional Porch][houzz=Marsh Residence]
April 14, 2013 at 4:17PM   
Oellien Design, Inc.
I think more color than less.....don't do neutral.
April 14, 2013 at 4:23PM   
calkelley
well, if your bones are neutral, you can not only add color with pillows, knick knacks on table, etc but you can inexpensively change out even per season. jmo ;-)
April 14, 2013 at 6:12PM   
Oellien Design, Inc.
You are in a world of color on the outside of your home so continue with color. You already have neutral in the wood tones.
April 14, 2013 at 6:14PM   
Erlinda Horsley
putting a colorful rug a combination of bright orange brown and red would look good ...
April 16, 2013 at 12:23PM   
Erlinda Horsley
removing the half down screen and replace with wall can decrease the fresh air flow from outside...
April 16, 2013 at 8:56PM   
TMK Remodeling
With a 1/3 wall and 2/3 screen, there will still be plenty of air flow. I was suggesting the small partition for dog and child safety.
April 17, 2013 at 5:47PM   
Slat porch screen: to the ground or half
To the ground may present some design challenges with...
Desperately in need of help with design of a roof for front porch!
I just haven't been able to figure out a good design...
Need help for exterior paint and porch complete remodel
Alright... I need suggestions on what to do with the...
Need help with screened in porch posts
My porch has to have supporting posts because of a...
Driveway entrance
Hi I have a Spanish style home and want to create a...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
What to do with revolting internal brick walls?
Hello we are looking to buy an 80's style double brick...
Server/buffet
I want to get a server/buffet for my dining room but...
Bathroom window
We need a window covering of some type on our bathroom...