Suggestions for tile coloring outdoor area.

HarveApril 15, 2013
Am preparing to finish tiling the outdoor area as shown. Leaning towards a dark border with a brown that is between the roof color & the walls. Will also incorporate a pattern throughout the floor with the darker tiles.
As you can see there will be a step down from what had already been done to enable the tiles to stay beneath the sliding doors that go into the house proper ( 2nd photo large folding doors)The smaller sliding doors in the 1st photo lead into bedroom & office. Thought about a stamped concrete but am thinking tiles will look better.
The area under cover is about 800 sq ft & when finished will have BBQ as well as seating areas. Pool is approx 4m from end of this area.
Any suggestions as to the color of the tiles would be highly appreciated , there is so much choice & it is such a large area don't won't to get it wrong.
Many thanks

Harve
rinqreation
Grey hardstone (had a concrete color). Enough browns in there already.
    Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:38AM
Eclipse Designs Inc. by Rhona Chartouni
I would suggest using the same material that you have already installed for continuity. To avoid tripping, I would add a contrasting strip at the bottom of the tread,stainless steel to coordinate with the fans, or a darker tile.
    Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 2:01AM
A Crew of Two
What a beautiful space! My only concern with a dark color is it will show dust. I think I would do something a little bit lighter. This pic is almost identical to yours.
exterior terrace view into house · More Info
Montecito 1 · More Info
Private Residence - Mediterranean Style Estate · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 3:16AM
Harve
Thanks all for the replys.
Rhona the tiles that are already down can easily be replaced, they where put there when we where away overseas by mistake. They are not a show stopper & can be removed. thanks for the suggestion of the dark tiles or stainless for the lip that will be there.

Kelly i really like that 1st photo with the darker slate tiles. I think i may even have this on 1 of my idea books. That was very close to the color we where going to make with the borders & pattern in the floor area but revisiting it maybe the whole area can be done as that & vary the tile size to give the pattern. .The darker here is very similar ( I think) to what ringcreation was getting at. The Mediterranean tiles are also nice

thanks to all for the help, we will see what we can can up with next time I am back there. Will not be doing much here for another couple of weeks as the pool area is taking priority & then guys are using this area to store a lot of their gear. It will probably be the most used area in the house for its proximity to the pool & we are in the tropics so outside areas are essential.

Again thanks for the ideas. I am sure there will be more questions I will oct on here.

Cheers

Harve
    Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 7:00AM
Ideas welcome to expand the patio/outdoor living area.
We're moving into a new house and would like to add/improve...
acrotchett
Narrow common needs separation from dog potty area and outdoor, grill,
Have a long narrow grass area, bushes and brick wall...
deanncc
Need suggestions on our downstairs living, dining, and Kitchen area.
Just wanting some general ideas of what we could do...
Tim Hoskins
Suggestions for creating "breakfast nook"/ cosy conversation area?
Would like to create a "breakfast nook" in year-round...
cyclerama
Suggestions on updating this area
We are getting ready to close on this house, is a 1974...
Donnie LaCourse
need help designing my small kitchen
i need lots of space for my small kitchen, how do i...
jakwe
A Hare-y bedroom
Im about to embark on designing this bedroom. I have...
toatsmcgoats
Kitchen Paint colors and backsplash
Hi- I am hoping to get help with the following? Do...
marieneve
My awkward living room needs help!
1. Window treatments needed. We recently had Marvin...
heatherscheddar