Need your help with fireplace-wall unit area
mejiadavis
I want to add color to the firepace wall unit area in our living room to make it more appealing. I would like to incorporate color(s) from the colors on the rug. Most of the house is painted in SW Kilim Beige. I would like to add some more vibrant colors to this area without going overboard.

My main is questions are?
How I just paint the wall that has the TV and fireplace or should I paint the left and right side of the fireplace? If so, what colors?

Thank you in advance for your input.
mejiadavis
My apologies for the upside picture. It looks normal on my computer but once the picture is uploaded is changes direction. I'm trying again with an older picture.
April 15, 2013 at 12:30PM   
Interiors International, Inc.
Paint the fireplace wall with a color and use a contrast color on the sides and backs of the shelves.
April 15, 2013 at 12:35PM     
Hummingbird Designs
Here is an idea :)
April 15, 2013 at 12:37PM     
JILL OF ALL~Kaarisa Blackwell
Love the idea of picking up the dark red color from your rug for the wall. It will add a real richness and warmth to the otherwise quite cold/stark wall and the white cabinetry and fireplace mantle will stand out beautifully. So long as the color works with the furniture....otherwise the darker sage green would also be quite nice. Be brave, be bold...it's only paint! ;-)
April 15, 2013 at 1:07PM     
Marek White
I once saw an amazing picture of bookcases like yours that had an interesting wall paper pattern, just on the back part that was very bold. You could do something like that and carry it onto the fireplace wall. Look for pictures on this site for ideas. Also, see about pinning and testing what you like before truly going through it. It’s easy to paint a small panel of wood or pin something small to see if you really like it. I've found that some things I love look completely different just from the room lighting alone. Finally, with some of the new LED lighting strips and the white on the bookcase, you can change the mood of the room with a flick of the button. If stores in your area allow returns, you can buy them and test them without really installing them. Hope this helps and you find the look that you love.
April 15, 2013 at 1:32PM     
North Star Stone
Looks like a great space! You have so much room to play with. You could consider putting up a stone veneer on the fireplace. The stone colors can add a beautiful color accent to a room. Here's a few examples that are similar to what you have-

Hope this helps!
Let us know if you have any questions.
April 15, 2013 at 3:08PM   
EnvironmentalLights.com
Great idea! @marekwhite LED Strip Lighting, Light Bars or Puck Lights would be a great solution to modernize your built in shelves. (All of the images below are of different LED options) Check out some of the options on our website: www.environmentallights.com

We even over Sample Kits so that you can try the LEDs in your space before committing to a design. Best of luck with your project!
April 15, 2013 at 4:29PM     
George Hess Construction
Hi, For the most cost effective way to do this, paint the fireplace wall and adjacent soffit and backsplash area around the cabinets. I would choose a second color to go above the cabinet soffits. If you use an off-red or sage green, use a soft gold/tan in the other areas. It looks like the marble does not fit your decor. Even if you opt to keep the mantel and legs in the wood, you can "tile" over the marble with another stone or porcelain tile and do the hearth as well. Any tile guy can do this. If you really like the mantel piece you can faux finish it, but if it were me, I'd remove it and stone the fireplace face - even to the ceiling. You can just go partway up and find a unique piece as a mantel - a found object or cleaner piece of wood with neat corbels would bring your fireplace into this century. Good luck! Kimberly Hess, George Hess Construction
April 15, 2013 at 4:45PM   
Huge fireplace/wall of rock needs help!
In the attached picture, I am looking for ideas on...
Fireplace/wall unit size
Could you please share the exact dimensions of the...
Need suggestions for Rock fireplace/Wall
Hello, We are looking at buying this home and I like...
need help in living room for wall unit, tv and electric fireplace
contemporary design want to put an electric fireplace...
Gorgeous fireplace/wall!
What material is used on wall surrounding the fireplace?...
I need help picking the right granite for my kitchen
We have painted, put M marble down and now I'm having...
Nook help needed!!!!
I had originally thought of doing one big window box...
Bathroom renovation for practicality and growing family
We just stripped our second bathroom and are figuring...
c v
Need help for home exterior...please!
My husband and I have bought a fixer up. We love the...
Need help to revamp my house maybe adding trims...
I would like to add trims to the front of my house...