Small home
ladypam
We have a small older home. I've drawn a mental block on what I want to do. I know I want to combine antique with modern. I have a older dinning room set but I want to add some modern pieces. I have a antique living room set that I'm having re-done. But I want to add some modern pieces. I have a white baby grand in front of my living room window. HELP
montaguemp
I too have antiques, & I chose to mix furniture from the 1950s'. My home is small as well, & the furniture from that eara is smaller. Better porpotioned for a small home. Useing mirrored furniture may work as well. I hope you enjoy your challenge
April 16, 2013 at 11:06pm   
I like antique furniture with updated/fresh fabric pattern like ikat or chevron pattern. Your plan sounds eclectic style so you can have fun with an antique piece below a modern mirror. Adding a touch of black/white animal print in an ottoman or your piano bench may look great with your style. I also like the look of "modern" wicker with an antique dining table...or really modern industrial/metal chairs looks fun with an old table. I'd love to see photos.
April 16, 2013 at 11:29pm     
any photos of what your furniture currently looks like ?
April 17, 2013 at 6:04am   
ladypam
Yes I will take some photos. I do have a lot of modern mirrors. I like the idea of incorporating some animal prints.
April 17, 2013 at 12:41pm   
Need Help To Find Similar Night Table
Ikea discontinued this Hemnes Rounded Night Table....
Fireplace brickwork -- what to do?
I am wondering whether this fireplace is too oldfashioned...
Need help on the best method to secure two thick wood without joints
I am looking for advice on how to secure two pieces...
bedroom furniture
I have this dresser and I'll like two nigh stands to...
Living room/ family room
I'm having a problem trying to decide how to best design...