Need help with interior trim color!,
amandaala
April 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Our new house has almond color vinyl clad windows--almond inside and out. Can I still paint my trim white? If not, what color? I could get white windows both inside and out but the white trim outside doesn't really blend with the earth tone brick and stone exterior. We can't afford to up the window budget for the windows that are white inside/almond out. Help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
If the almond is closer to a beige than an off-white, the white trim should work.
April 17, 2013 at 2:11AM     
amandaala
It is more of beige. There is no yellow undertone at all. It is really a nice color. But last night after placing the window order I panicked! This is our forever home and I am so nervous!
April 17, 2013 at 2:16AM     
Ed
Amandaala, congrats on your new home. I think a white trim would work nicely. Enjoy. :) Oh, photos of Before and After, please? :)
April 17, 2013 at 2:19AM     
charleee
I hear you! One thing that might help is if you have something stark white, like a piece of copier paper, and something off-white, you could hold both things up to the vinyl and see what you think. Or better yet, have someone else hold both things up to the vinyl so you could stand back and get a better idea.

I don't care of off-white and white together. The white will make the off-white look dirty. But if your vinyl is more of a beige you should be just fine.
April 17, 2013 at 2:21AM     
amandaala
So far, only basement framing has begun! It's a walkout basement. The main floor has lots of windows in back overlooking creek. We have some very rural wooded acreage and I'm trying to have the house "disappear" into the landscape. We've been married 30 years and this has been our dream:)
April 17, 2013 at 2:23AM     
charleee
No wonder you're nervous! I'd be nervous too. But it sounds like you're making great choices, and you can always post more dilemmas here. There are hundreds of people wanting to help you, and you will no doubt get enough opinions to fill your walkout basement :))
April 17, 2013 at 2:26AM   
amandaala
Great idea, olldbobbi! I am thinking not stark white, but something that looks white. Make sense? Also I am getting plantation shutters in some rooms (front of house and BRs)and I can match them to the trim, right?.
April 17, 2013 at 2:26AM   
charleee
Yes! I would definitely match the shutters to the trim. Benjamin Moore White Dove is a popular favorite, you could look into that.
April 17, 2013 at 2:27AM