Need help with interior trim color!,
amandaala
Our new house has almond color vinyl clad windows--almond inside and out. Can I still paint my trim white? If not, what color? I could get white windows both inside and out but the white trim outside doesn't really blend with the earth tone brick and stone exterior. We can't afford to up the window budget for the windows that are white inside/almond out. Help!
If the almond is closer to a beige than an off-white, the white trim should work.
April 17, 2013 at 2:11AM     
amandaala
It is more of beige. There is no yellow undertone at all. It is really a nice color. But last night after placing the window order I panicked! This is our forever home and I am so nervous!
April 17, 2013 at 2:16AM     
Ed
Amandaala, congrats on your new home. I think a white trim would work nicely. Enjoy. :) Oh, photos of Before and After, please? :)
April 17, 2013 at 2:19AM     
I hear you! One thing that might help is if you have something stark white, like a piece of copier paper, and something off-white, you could hold both things up to the vinyl and see what you think. Or better yet, have someone else hold both things up to the vinyl so you could stand back and get a better idea.

I don't care of off-white and white together. The white will make the off-white look dirty. But if your vinyl is more of a beige you should be just fine.
April 17, 2013 at 2:21AM     
amandaala
So far, only basement framing has begun! It's a walkout basement. The main floor has lots of windows in back overlooking creek. We have some very rural wooded acreage and I'm trying to have the house "disappear" into the landscape. We've been married 30 years and this has been our dream:)
April 17, 2013 at 2:23AM     
No wonder you're nervous! I'd be nervous too. But it sounds like you're making great choices, and you can always post more dilemmas here. There are hundreds of people wanting to help you, and you will no doubt get enough opinions to fill your walkout basement :))
April 17, 2013 at 2:26AM   
amandaala
Great idea, olldbobbi! I am thinking not stark white, but something that looks white. Make sense? Also I am getting plantation shutters in some rooms (front of house and BRs)and I can match them to the trim, right?.
April 17, 2013 at 2:26AM   
Yes! I would definitely match the shutters to the trim. Benjamin Moore White Dove is a popular favorite, you could look into that.
April 17, 2013 at 2:27AM     
Need help choosing interior trim color
Contemporary home. Walls painted BM, Plaster of Paris....
Need help deciding on interior trim!
Hi! I'm about to break ground on my house and am having...
New Build...need HELP with interior trim
We are almost done with our build...only about 6 weeks...
Colorblind decorating?
For any of you who may be colorblind, have you run...
Got the shabby, forgot the chic
Can anybody please help me redecorate and re arrange...
marble flooring
My husband really loves marble but I have read that...
What is the secret to placing furniture in a long rectangular room?
Moving into a 1957 ranch home and have a long rectangular...
what should we do with our kitchen?
We've been doing a lot of thinking about redoing our...