What colors to match with this cabinets?!? I have no idea!
pbanovi
I ordered kitchen cabinets in this natural somewhat greyish color which I really like. It's showing some "wood grains" but the surface is flat. I have a problem because I have NO idea what color of countertop should I choose, and what kind of backsplash!!! Furniture in my house is dark drown so I want something that will compliment that (since it's open kitchen) but I don't want it to be too dark. We are picking silver appliances and handles. Please help with suggestions! Thanks
btw, I am trying to create modern, simple (clean lines) but "warm" kitchen... and my space is tiny! :)
0825sam
I think a white quartz countertop with a marble backsplash could be beautiful. This photo is the reverse. Your cabinet looks to have some warm tones and a marble should also have some tan and rust tones to it as well. I don't think you need to add any dark wood necessarily as a permanent feature - maybe you could work that in with barstools if you have or accessories. Donna Karan has some nice dark wood bowls and other kitchen/dining accessories.

3 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 1:18PM
Ed
novi, I agree with sam. You may also research other materials for your counter top and backsplash, for example, Corian, quartz, etc. Please post photos of your progress. :)
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 1:23PM
Ann
Light marble, quartz or quartzite would be very nice as sam0705 said or you could go with with dark (black, charcoal, green) countertops and light backsplash.
]
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 1:33PM
pbanovi
Thanks for the ideas!
I like idea with lighter countertop, but what should I do with backsplash than? Everything that I like has some texture in it... but I'm afraid it just wouldn't go with cabinets' wood grains. I'm afraid light countertop and light backsplash would look borring, but I cannot picture it with dark either...
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 1:48PM
0825sam
Just for a visual if you do a white counter with a marble backsplash - my wall tiles in my master bath almost have the look of your cabinets and they are adjacent to marble subway tiles in a herringbone pattern. Here is a pic just to get an idea of a marble pattern against your wood grain
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 2:40PM
Ann
Just ran across this picture while browsing. It reminded me of your cabinets. I think the backsplash they chose looks great.
]
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 7:16AM
0825sam
I was just looking at the same photo!
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 7:20AM
Bedroom Design Help
Hi! I recently re-did my teenage daughter's bedroom,...
simerjit
counter tops (kitchen)
What is the shinist sleekist counter tops out there....
kellyrunner
Patio & Built-in Grill Design Help
Hello, hoping you all can help with a design dilemma....
mangde
find designer
find designer urgernly Pls check
MasterStreets
Island hood: glass or no glass
I am remodeling my kitchen and adding a raised counter...
Clyia Coaxum