Refrigerator deeper than cabinetry
nsolway
older style refrigerator that sticks out further than cabinetry
bluenan
You'll have to get a counter-depth refrigerator to remedy that problem. Be prepared to spend more and get less, they're expensive.
April 17, 2013 at 2:06pm   
Oellien Design, Inc.
Is this new cabinet or existing cabinetry? Typically we will create side panels to give the appearance the refrigerator is built in and offset the depth issue. A simple face frame around the panels and maybe a cabinet on top and all of sudden the refrigerator looks the right depth and built in. Now,,,,to be honest since I can't see your room there could be an issue or two that might change what I suggested, but it is an idea.
April 17, 2013 at 2:06pm   
Ed
If you shop around for counter-depth fridges, you may find good deals. It's not necessarily true about spending more for less -- because with a counter-depth fridge, you get more space in your kitchen, and you get a more streamlined, clean look with your cabinetry.
April 17, 2013 at 2:09pm     
bluenan
I just bought a counter-depth to replace my old paneled fridge, and I absolutely got fewer options and choices in design and paid more than I would have for a full size. I still have a lot of cubic feet, but at a price.
April 17, 2013 at 2:11pm   
nsolway
Getting a new frig insn't an option right now. The refrigerator is right when you walk in from the hallway so not only is it deeper than the cabinetry it also sticks out and is deeper than the doorway molding. so the first thing you see when walking down the hall to kitchen is about 4 or 5 inches of refrigerator.
April 17, 2013 at 2:24pm   
Oellien Design, Inc.
Well,,,,,,,,that is a problem,,,,,but not alot you can do about it other than purchase a counter depth unit when the budget allows.
April 17, 2013 at 3:06pm   
kitasei
So the immediate challenge is how to disguise the view of it from certain vantage points. We need to see pictures to help with that! There will be solutions - painting it black, artfully positioning something in the line of sight. Let us help. (And please see my new post on the subject of refrigerators -- even when you want to buy a new one, it can not make sense...)
April 17, 2013 at 3:19pm