How to decorate coffee and end tables with alot of shelving?
maisiekl
I recently purchased new tables for our sitting room. They are very open with lots of space to put things- the problem is what do I put?

Coffee table- I am putting a large bamboo bowl here... Should I put other things with it? My biggest issue is if I should fill the large open space on the bottom.

Side tables- one does have a basket (shown) what can I put on the other one? Do I fill the back space.

My biggest struggle is looking good vs clutter. I understand a stack of books would look good, yet I feel too many is too much. But I'm not sure what else to put. The accent colors in this room are red, white, tan and black. The wood is dark brown and furniture is a beige. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!
studio10001
The wicker basket being used is a tad large for my taste, making your table look like a small storage cabinet.
Your photos are not attaching here, but in general, don't feel the need to fill just because you can. That said, a low tray will allow you have a few smaller bits and turn them into a vignette on your table. A low dish or container will also fill spots that seem bare with your accent color. If you have wooden puzzles or paperweights, they can add interest without clutter, as well. And coffee table books, of course !!
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 5:46PM
maisiekl
Thanks. I'm not sure why my pics aren't showing so ill try to post again...
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 5:52PM
studio10001
That time worked. Yes, aim for display, not storage. If you place the bamboo bowl and it is a plain one, put something in it. Objects that I mentioned above work if they add something of beauty or interest, only : a bit of color, an unexpected surprise or conversation starter, a beautiful book or three. Otherwise,leave it alone. Empty containers now tend to fill with flotsom later.
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 7:38PM
OnePlan
I think the basket looks a little lost ?!?!
I would use the shelving for one or two interesting books - just don't overdo it ! Less is more !!
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:54PM
gwenevere58
How to decorate large coffee table
Want to know what items to put on large coffee table...
trafton9060
How to decorate a coffee table
Need help with accessories on coffee table
Glenda Brock
My girls room. Where to start!
This room is 11x15 feet. I have two girls aged 4 and...
dalirn
Who's my candidate?
I'm so so ready to decorate someone house!! I live...
Erica Heard
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
Which kind of hood to get
Which kind of exhaust hood do you think would look...
alexap
Kitchen in need of some loving
I have my new home in Carmel California. And I need...
masilva123