Need help In decorating my master bedroom
ccheong
I would like to create a contemporary yet elegant room. I would like to keep my headboard as well as existing bedding of possible and dresser with high boy. I was thinking of painting the room in Benjamin Moore rivière pewter- hc 172....any suggestions, thanks!
Go for the gray and change your bedskirt to a tuille one in gray. Have a custom cushion made for the long window seat and replace the two shades with four sheer ones to block the view and relate to the tuille bedskirt.
Put the highboy against the wall, not kitty-cornered. Get a drum chandy fixture like this one to pick up on more of the sheer-ness. Are you changing the carpet? Either way, get a large flokati rug to pull half way under the bed. Add a chaise at the FP.
Organza Shade & Crystal Chandelier - Round Globus Builder
2 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:35PM
Aegean Designing Whims
I like the images decoenthusiaste sent. Go for that look. Chrysteen
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 9:12PM
OnePlan
I echo the grey theme ! Will need a new lampshade !!
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 9:17PM
KShoa
If you want to keep your bed and bedding, the colors clash with the wall colors, so I would definitely paint it a different color. You can paint one wall a bold / dark charcoal, and the rest a warm / lighter shade of gray.

I would also frame the bed with more bold furniture (night stands, lamps, rug, etc). It looks too bare in that large room.

Those walls can definitely use some art. I'm an artist and I offer hundreds of configurations of contemporary canvas prints and originals. Check them out here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/katshoa

Good luck. The room has lots of potential!
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 9:33PM
It's a Beautiful World!
Not sure if if you are looking for wall art for your bedroom. If yes, you can check out our Houzz page. Enjoy and best of luck updating your room!... Raisa
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 11:39PM
michigammemom
Here's a lovely inspiration room with a similar headboard for your consideration. I would suggest less formal bedding if you desire a more contemporary look.
1 Like   April 18, 2013 at 4:52AM
brody1313
Definitely will need a fantastic pair of larger matching lamps to balance the headboard........new paint, chandy and curtains.......put highboy flat on wall..............maybe a pair of matching upholstered chairs by fireplace.....look at various bedding on Houzz and rework pillows on headboard.....good luck
1 Like   April 18, 2013 at 5:19AM
Loom Decor
That window seat would look great with a cushion topper & some accent pillows. An excellent way to incorporate new patterns and textures into a room - also makes the spot more inviting for reading a book or sitting to dress. Also, I would recommend mounting the TV. It's amazing what a design difference it can make. Looks like you are totally on the right track. We absolutely adore the bedding! Happy decorating!

Design It Yourself Decor | loomdecor.com | blair@loomdecor.com
0 Likes   September 9, 2013 at 11:56AM
pcmom1
Love your furniture and bedding! No time to read the comments right now, so sorry if this is a repeat!

I would move your bed to where the long dresser with the mirror is. It looks too close to that door right now. Plus, you could look out the window as you lie in bed! So, I would switch the positions of those two.

If bed stays on current wall, move it down more, away from that door.
Belleair Whole-House Remodel and Addition
Regina Sturrock Design Classicism With a Twist

I would put the tall dresser to the other side of the fireplace and put a reading chair, or chaise, into that corner.

Last, ceiling needs some elegance and glam. Ceiling medallion, paint with a little sheen, nice chandy.
0 Likes   September 9, 2013 at 12:12PM
Debp
If you don't want to mount the TV, you could get a bedroom entertainment unit and place it to the left of the fireplace. Try and get one so that when the tv is on it it's about the same height as the chest of drawers. Place the chest flat on the wall to the right. Then They should balance each other. Place some artwork over the fireplace to add some color. Find one that has some of the beautiful blue of your bedding. Love your headboard!!!
0 Likes   September 9, 2013 at 12:37PM
pcmom1
Sitting area: Some comfy chair and ottoman in the corner by the fireplace:

0 Likes   September 9, 2013 at 2:52PM
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
I would for sure paint the room in a medium grey/blue and white trim or molding and add some grey pillows to the bed and more accent furniture and wall decor/art that has some grey and even white in them
1 Like   September 10, 2013 at 9:49AM
I Need Help Decorating My Master Bedroom...
I Would Like Some Ideas On How To Decorate My Master...
lexdawg
Need help with last few decorating ideas for my master bedroom!
I'm almost finished decorating my master bedroom. ...
Debbie Carline
Need Help on My Master Bedroom Wall Decor
We bought a set of large matching traditional pieces...
prisbent
need help to finish to decor my master bedroom.
my master bedroom Wall color are sand and my decor...
mariana0
Need help decorating the walls in my master bedroom
Hi we just finished up painting our master in our new...
jillspins20
Dining Room/No Room for Sideboard
The width of my dining room won't support a server/buffet/sideboard....
katomommy
Window Film
Looking for a recommendation on window film. We have...
my1gmail
Inside or Outside mounted plantation shutters
Hello, I want to install plantation shutters on...
Salil Surendran
Suggested window treatments?
We just moved into a house and the living room has...
pattye3
My LR is missing something...
Happy holidays! I used a lot of your great advice...
ng999