Is it necessary to box in a refrigerator
roscoeandjones
We are renovating our kitchen...my kitchen will be white shaker cabinets with bar pulls, cobalt blue backsplash, and blue volga or black with blue specs granite. We are finalizing the cabinets...we have a ss refrigerator with black sides. We use the sides for kids artwork and pictures!! Will I regret not putting on side panels? What are venting regulations because we have no room really anyway!
Rockin' Fine Finish
Can you I looks like it sticks out past where the panel would go
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:46PM
roscoeandjones
We are redoing the kitchen so we can make the pantry smaller or the cabinets in the middle smaller. But I hate things that are overdone and I use the fridge for my kid's stuff - it makes my house personal vs. a big white panel .
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:51PM
roscoeandjones
But dont' want to regret it if it looks unfinished with black sides! We can make the cabinets any size to fit the side panels, but I don't know if they are too overdone for me.
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:52PM
Rockin' Fine Finish
The fridge is pretty massive you said white so I'm assuming you are doing white cabinets I would box the fridge and the side panel you can put art on there or do a chalk magnetic paint on that panel and still use it to make it feel more homey
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 8:56PM
zennifer
What about finishing the side, so you get the finished look, but painting the bottom half of the finished side with magnetic chalkboard paint? Add trim matching your cabinets around, a chalk tray and magnets. Message center, art display, AND finished edges.
2 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 8:57PM
thedarlingsbecca
What about enclosing sides of fridge and making an art, photo, ?, gallery on the outer side. Frame that side with fairly thin and flat wood trim pieces stained to match the cabinets and whatever part of side panel is left exposed. Make the gallery as big or small as you like within the space or have more than one framed space. Inside the frame(s) use a magnetic or cork board surface, painted to coordinate with tile or accent color.
2 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 9:07PM
thedarlingsbecca
Zen nicer - great minds think alike, especially as the hour gets late!
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 9:09PM
OnePlan
I put all my lovely kids pics on the inside of my cupboard doors - as it keeps them safe, keeps the room tidy and makes me smile each time I open the cabinets !!! Worth thinking about maybe ?!?!
1 Like   April 17, 2013 at 9:10PM
Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
I read the article on the ten steps to saying goodbye...
Need window treatment advice for frameless windows
I have windows that are frameless and recessed about...
Coffee shop, Restaurant
Hello my friends , please tell me what do you think...
Brick fireplace remodel- help!!
I am trying to remodel a fireplace. I'm already cutting...
New sofa colour for dark brown carpet
We have just purchased a house with dark brown carpet...