What color are the Walls in Williams's Sonoma New Traditional living room?
amandakatonaApril 17, 2013
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/williams-sonoma-home/home-living-room/?cm_type=gnav

Please help! I am not the best at colors... I am also looking for these curtains if anyone knows where to find them! Just love this look.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jagn
It's hard to tell paint colors from pictures online!

I do have a color suggestion for you, my family room is painted a dark grey similar to the one in your picture. Try Sherwin Williams Thunderhead 8399. This is an old color from the Martha Stewart collection, so they don't have swatches of it on display in the store, but they can make up old colors, they have the formula in their system. The old Martha Stewart collection had tons of lovely paint colors in it, I am glad I saved my paint chips from 10 years ago.

Back to Thunderhead, this is a very nice dark grey that is neutral but warm (not blue-grey if that is what you are looking for). I think Sherwin Williams is having a 40% sale right now, and they can mix up this color in the small sample size. Definitely sample this and other greys first, such a dark intense color that you want to get it right :)

The curtains look pretty standard - silk or polyester made to look like silk. You can probably find something similar at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 10:59AM
amandakatona
Thank you! You got my juices going.... Loving Sherman Williams Sealskin and Thunderhead (but this went a little too green on my walls), but ended up going with Frazee Blacksmith. Thank you so much for your help and words of wisdom!
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 8:26PM
jagn
Awesome! Glad you were able to test out some colors and found what you are looking for, that's great! Congrats on finding your paint color, hope the room turns out the way you've envisioned it to be.
    Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 9:28PM