Need help with bathroom accessory- picture/art
xamxam
April 18, 2013
Just remodeled my bathroom and now looking for a picture over the toilet. I the pic you can see the walls are grey and the tile in the shower is a tan with glass tiles in brown, grey, tan and white Don't know what kind of colors or kind of art to place in that area. Can you help!!
I like this piece of art showing trees. I's vertical shape would work well in the space and the colors would be excellent. You could also use art with more color in it since what you have so far in the room is all neutrals.
Tree art eucalyptus trunks gray white giclee print artwork modern Abstract Love Watercolor by fairysomnia
1 Like    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 1:41PM
xamxam
Love love the colors, however, it is too big for my space. My space allows up to 24 x 30. You have very good taste!!! Does the art print come smaller? Where might I purchase?
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 1:45PM
The artist has more in this series and some are different sizes. I had posted a 24 x 48 above thinking it was a vertical piece but when I realized it was not I changed it to the piece you now see which is actually 22 x 28 and costs $265. You can find it and other pieces by the artist whose name is Kat Shoa at: http://www.etsy.com/listing/101892994/tree-art-canvas-print-2-in-a-set-of-4

For some reason I think you mean the first piece of art and not the second. Is that the case?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 1:51PM
xamxam
yes thanks so much for your help!!!!!
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 1:55PM
calikym
@carolyn - that artwork is gorgeous. I saw her post yesterday and am definitely going to buy something of hers for my master bedroom (once the bathroom is complete). How did you hear about her work? I just stumbled upon a post yesterday that she had commented on...
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 2:03PM
Hi Kymberly, I like her work too. I'm glad I posted one of her pieces so that you can get one for your bath. If you search products in the search area above, you can find lots of art. Since I look at the art frequently I knew that her trees were in the "product" section and that the colors would be right for your bath. But I too saw a post by her yesterday with some other pieces of her art. You may have a hard time choosing!
Carolyn
1 Like    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 2:07PM
leelee
I would put something other than a picture over the toilet so that it wouldn't compete with the mirror. An iron sculpture or a basket with brown, white, cream and gray hand towels rolled up or a tray with several nice scented candles. Good luck!
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 2:08PM
bevballew
Love the art. Love leveled suggestion of added decor. Can't wait to see the progress. Nice br.
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 2:21PM
bevballew
Maybe a different mirror?
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 2:21PM
xamxam
I had not even thought about the art competing with the mirror. Really need something on the wall. Did you mean the items would sit on top of the toilet?
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 3:45PM
I wondered when looking at the photo what is on the wall beside the toilet. A piece of art hung there would be nicely visible from the vanity and presumably from the entrance.
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 5:32PM
Nancy Walton
Hobby Lobby has some wonderful metal scroll-work pieces that would probably work well in the space. Or, if you don't have a Hobby Lobby, maybe a Michael's or Real Deals?
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 5:35PM
Nancy Walton
But in a bronze finish, not wrought iron black.
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 5:36PM
xamxam
Carolyn. Thanks for all your help. Do you think I should bring in some color to the space ? I really love the tree trunks but should I consider something with more color?
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 5:05AM
leelee
xamxam, yes, they would be on top of the toilet. I had a similar situation in my powder room and a picture just didn't look right with the mirror on the same wall. You have enough counter space to add a basket of towels and a tray of candles and still put a small sculpture on the back of the toilet. I centered my painting on the wall next to the toilet...much better balance. I would let the frame dictate the color for the sculpture...if you frame is black go with wrought iron. If it's wood then you could do something like this....or mix it up. Hope that helps
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 5:54AM
I would not put anything on top of the toilet.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 5:57AM
Many people are happy with a neutral space. Others want color. Which do you prefer: neutral spaces or colorful spaces?
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 6:06AM
leelee
I think you'll have to experiment to see what you like. You probably have a picture that you could temporarily bring to the bathroom to see if a picture competes with the mirror. There are objects you have that you could place on the back of the toilet to get a feel for the look. I have a small sculpture of the back of my toilet along with a framed mirror over the sink and a horizontal painting on the wall and it looks great. Try some combinations and see what works in your situation. You have a very nice almost blank palette to work with.
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 6:23AM
abbyjean
April from last year..........
    Bookmark   February 15, 2014 at 8:16AM
Need help with accessories pictures, pillows etc
We purchased a town home in Phoenix. I have neutral...
bonniesmith
Need help with accessories for a newly painted light grey bathroom.
I just repainted my bath room a very light grey. The...
loisbady
Need help with artwork for 1930's art deco bathroom
Hi, I'm looking on eBay for original painting to hang...
shabeler
Dire need of help with accessories!
I am trying to complete my master. I need bedding,...
kellis1977
I need help to finish the accessories for my bedroom
I like my bedroom but feel the accessories need to...
evelynmw
Can't decide which color to paint bathroom
This bathroom needs a lot of attention! The first thing...
Barbara Wilson
Small changes...
Even when a small decision needed (just to choose the...
VANGUARD development
Is it better to have porcelain wood tile or carpet in the bedrooms?
I was wondering for re-sale purposes and health purposes...
sagetaylor
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Need help picking a range hood
We are remodeling our kitchen and have chosen to go...
homecaryn