Lay plywood or try to match tile?
broosh1
Okay so I just bought a house and am in the process of redoing the kitchen. The previous owners put in new 18in tile flooring but left the original cabinets so so tile under old cabinets. My new cabinets will be longer than the original ones, so should I just lay plywood to even out the floor or try to find the tile and tile it?
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
First go through house attic to basement and see if any left over tile from the original job. If not then it will almost be impossible to match that exactly. If that area is going to be covered with new cabinets anyway then just level it.
   April 18, 2013 at 4:15PM
A Crew of Two
plywood is fine as long as it is level with the tile floor
   April 18, 2013 at 4:29PM
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Actually, you dont need anything. Filling the void flush with the tile, makes shimming the lower base units to level, a bit easier. Tiling that area is a waste of time if in fact the new cabinets conceal the area. Also, looks like refer water supply in the right side of the photo. If so, do yourself a favor and provide a proper in wall box for that and get rid of that flimsy copper. Finally, please tell me you have professional plans for the electrical ;)
   April 18, 2013 at 7:08PM
Two coats v one coat of paint
New home to us, 8 years old. I have two quotes for...
soapstone care
My counter fabricator says he seals soapstone with...
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
Bathroom in a Screened in Porch
Would like to build a screened in porch off our kitchen...
small space desk
im designing a desk for small spaces. I want it minimalist...