Help me pull this kitchen together!
idealady1
April 18, 2013
In the process of renovating kitchen and almost done. I am stumped with accent color etc. I want to add backsplash but what color? Also, what should my color scheme be. The granite is Costa Esmeralda, cabs are Ben Moore Sail Wht with Ralph Lauren Teastain glaze. Should I paint island a color? Floor is Grespania porcelain woodlook tile. I'm confused about how to tie room together. Adding new lighting, clear glass Hampton Bay Grace collection, clear seed glass. HELP!
elklaker
I think you have an issue with the white appliances. They seem to clash with the cabinets.I am normally a fan of white and think that stainless is overdone. However, in this case, I think that they may be appropriate. Your cabinets are lovely and with the floor and countertops, stainless will work quite well.
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 6:57PM
idealady1
Forgot to say replacing them w stainless, prob GE Cafe.
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 6:59PM
idealady1
Elklaker... Any thoughts on colors? Backsplash? Chair seats? Area rug?
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 7:00PM
Nakyla By Design
Well it has great (expensive) bones to start with as in the floors and the cabinets. However, the room does seem to swallow up the table. If those are glass doors covered on the right then I would put a rectangular shaped table centered perpendicular to the glass doors but at least a few feet away. Also, while we are on the glass doors...loose the vertical blinds they out date your great space! :) Possibly considered replacing the doors all together with some updated ones. Next replace the iron hutch with something more streamline and lower so it doesn't over power the room but you could add some amazing art or open shelves above for color or storage. Depending on how high the ceilings are I would go with something that would not clash or compete with your counter tops (if they are green, hard to tell). Something that will be darker than the cabinets like a brown, or espresso color. Update the cabinet hardware with at least different draw knobs. Change them for a black horizontal bar type. As for the island if at all possible (or depending on the budget) change, replace, and or alter by painting or staining. Don't hang a pot and pan rack over the island like most, keep it simple and open. The lighting should go rectangular is some fashion and be the correct height over the dining table. Grab a BIG rug with some texture for the dining room, clear the counter tops (keep them simple) and don't forget the dimmers. Hope this helps. Be sure to check out our website for some inspirations! :)
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 7:22PM
Nakyla By Design
www.nakylabydesign.com
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 7:34PM
    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 7:50PM
how to pull this together - help please!!!
I am putting together my formal dining - i love the...
sumeetinaz
Need help pulling my guest bedroom together.
I've purchased the bedding and the headboard. I need...
teambell
Need a "pull it all together color" for our kitchen.
We have a lot of elements happening in our South facing...
Joann Yurchesyn
help me pull my den/family room together!...
I would love some input! This is my den, open concept...
natramp
Bathroom help!
I only need a new countertop and mirror to make my...
patlau
Kitchen Paint Help
Need help with the wall color for a kitchen, great...
jewhitt
coffee table suggestions
So I love my new sofa but not certain what type of...
kamila23
Need help selecting a bathroom vanity / dark hardwood floors / trim
My wife and I are finishing a new 3/4 bath. To keep...
Rich
Window treatment suggestions
This room is open off of our kitchen. We use it as...
mimi0909