Help me pull this kitchen together!
idealady1
April 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
In the process of renovating kitchen and almost done. I am stumped with accent color etc. I want to add backsplash but what color? Also, what should my color scheme be. The granite is Costa Esmeralda, cabs are Ben Moore Sail Wht with Ralph Lauren Teastain glaze. Should I paint island a color? Floor is Grespania porcelain woodlook tile. I'm confused about how to tie room together. Adding new lighting, clear glass Hampton Bay Grace collection, clear seed glass. HELP!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elklaker
I think you have an issue with the white appliances. They seem to clash with the cabinets.I am normally a fan of white and think that stainless is overdone. However, in this case, I think that they may be appropriate. Your cabinets are lovely and with the floor and countertops, stainless will work quite well.
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 6:57PM
idealady1
Forgot to say replacing them w stainless, prob GE Cafe.
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 6:59PM
idealady1
Elklaker... Any thoughts on colors? Backsplash? Chair seats? Area rug?
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 7:00PM
PRO
Nakyla By Design
Well it has great (expensive) bones to start with as in the floors and the cabinets. However, the room does seem to swallow up the table. If those are glass doors covered on the right then I would put a rectangular shaped table centered perpendicular to the glass doors but at least a few feet away. Also, while we are on the glass doors...loose the vertical blinds they out date your great space! :) Possibly considered replacing the doors all together with some updated ones. Next replace the iron hutch with something more streamline and lower so it doesn't over power the room but you could add some amazing art or open shelves above for color or storage. Depending on how high the ceilings are I would go with something that would not clash or compete with your counter tops (if they are green, hard to tell). Something that will be darker than the cabinets like a brown, or espresso color. Update the cabinet hardware with at least different draw knobs. Change them for a black horizontal bar type. As for the island if at all possible (or depending on the budget) change, replace, and or alter by painting or staining. Don't hang a pot and pan rack over the island like most, keep it simple and open. The lighting should go rectangular is some fashion and be the correct height over the dining table. Grab a BIG rug with some texture for the dining room, clear the counter tops (keep them simple) and don't forget the dimmers. Hope this helps. Be sure to check out our website for some inspirations! :)
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 7:22PM
PRO
Nakyla By Design
www.nakylabydesign.com
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 7:34PM
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 7:50PM