Help with updating exterior

Kristin SchlinkertApril 18, 2013
Closing on this house soon and want to update the exterior. I'm thinking of replacing the garage doors with wooden doors in the same tone as the front doors and painting the wood trim in a color that matches the off-white stone accents. Will also remove the light fixture in front of the second story center window. Thoughts? Better ideas?
idealady1
Love your ideas. Yes, the garage doors would look great in wood like door. The way it is now, it's too much gray. The trim also will look great in the light cream, the windows will pop. See where else u could use that color too. Good luck.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 6:58PM
Textbook Painting
I agree with idealady, the house is way too dark. I like your ideas especially to make the trim a lighter color. Wood stained garage doors always look extremely classy jus be sure you understand they will need to be restrained and protected about every 2-4 years depending on where you live and how the weather is. -Michael
1 Like    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 8:11PM
Rockin' Fine Finish
what about wood carriage garage doors in the cream tone with black hardware or the cream trim with gloss black carriage garage doors with front door the same black in gloss. makes a statement ! I like the house whatever you pick will look nice
1 Like    Bookmark   April 18, 2013 at 8:43PM
Clopay Building Products
You could consider low-maintenance faux wood garage doors constructed in steel or composite. They can be painted or factory stained. Garage door manufacturer Clopay offers the Canyon Ridge Collection, the Gallery Collection, (both carriage house styles) and a Classic Premium Series traditional raised panel design. The doors won;t rot, warp or crack. The stained steel Ultra-Grain finish is virtually maintenance free. We have a design tool on our website so you can upload a photo of your home and try on different door styles and colors to see which one looks best. www.clopaydoor.com. Our doors are sold through professional dealers and The Home Depot. Good luck.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 8:58AM
Kristin Schlinkert
I changed my mind and decided to go dark. I still want to eventually replace the garage doors, but the quickest fix was to paint them, and I think they look pretty good. The paint color was chosen to match the new Trex deck I'm installing.
    Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 2:31PM
Need help updating the exterior to a house I just purchased!
Hi! I would really appreciate ANY suggestions on how...
bracyk
Help updating exterior (front door style/transition siding to brick)
Looking for new front door/sidelites, exterior paint...
tahoebugs
Need Help with Updating Exterior - Paint - Change Cement Siding
I want to update the exterior of this house. Right...
riverbruiser
Help us update the exterior of our house
We are getting a new roof and are considering putting...
hstief
Help on updating exterior of 80s-style brick ranch
Hi. we are about to begin landscaping this spring on...
jennatich
California Coastal Interior Update
This house was built in 1973 and needs an update. We...
marmalade920
Anyone know where to get good leather couches in Canada or Calgary?
Just wondering if anyone knew where to get really good...
Bee Cat
Exterior Update Help - 1960's Yellow Brick Ranch
My wife and I want to give our house some more personality....
hodierne87
Please help!! Kitchen/dining in farmhouse bungalow
My house is an old 1 story farmhouse. It is very small,...
tbkea
This wall needs something
another shelf, below, and... what? There isn't a clock...
Pam Fisher