Color for pool fence
sgurfein
I am building a fence for my pool like the ones in the pictures as an alternative to a traditional baby fence. I am stuck on color - BLACK or SILVER 1" x 1" mesh.

The fence will surround the lower pool area where we have lounges and it will be viewable against the pool water, grey of the bluestone, and green grass.

So...silver or black mesh?
IMO, black will be more noticeable, especially when the sun is bright.
April 19, 2013 at 5:48AM     
sgurfein
that's my gut as well so you think silver would be better against the pool and bluestone even though it will also be against grass? Behind the entry point on the side of our pool is another level of bluestone where we have a dining table and deep seating so I thought looking at silver would be nice than looking at black but isn't it really all about which is least visible and aesthetically pleasing?
April 19, 2013 at 5:53AM   
Silver will be more discreet... the black will add down down everything you look through it.
April 19, 2013 at 5:53AM     
Malcolm Duffin Design
Silver / Birch colour keep natural - I would plant Beech hedge all round with some pleached Horn-beams to add some drama and keep eye from going down to ground level. Colour less important than the planting.
April 19, 2013 at 5:56AM     
sgurfein
thank you so much. just so you all have perspective, the photos below are what I am actually building the fence around. posts will be instsalled on the bluestone with a double gate entry at the lower level. then a double gate at either side of the pool.
April 19, 2013 at 6:06AM   
Oellien Design, Inc.
The silver will allow more light to be reflected off the fence which will make the fence feel lighter and have less visual distraction from the pool.
April 19, 2013 at 6:38AM     
sgurfein
Glad I decided to post. Welcoming any and all additional input with gratitude to all.
April 19, 2013 at 6:42AM   
Need help selecting color for kitchen cabinets
I'm trying to update my kitchen by having the oak cabinets...
Paint first or decorate first?
My dilemma is, do I paint now when my painter can fit...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
How to arrange my new living room
We just bought home. However this is the living room...
Breakfast nook????
I would really like to make our breakfast nook more...