Need help with living room suggestions
loladams1
We've recently bought this house but as its a new build there isn't one like it to actually look in so we're having trouble trying to work out what to do with the lounge as the fireplace is centred. We want a corner settee with a chez long and maybe another two seater all based around the fireplace but then that leaves us with two 'dead' space areas either end. We thought about having a dining table at one of these ends as well as we will probably use the dining room as another sitting room. Or we could use the kitchen/family area for our main table. Also, where would the tv go? Don't really want it on the wall. Not very good with interior decorating so any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks guys!
OnePlan
I would put the chaise in the bay window and the corner seat and two seater to form a large U around the fireplace area - add a pair of low cabinets either side if the fireplace - one housing a pop up TV .... as a start !!
April 19, 2013 at 11:46am   
suzanne_m
Hi loladams, is it possible to get the dimensions of the rooms? Where will you place the dining table, patio doors or bay window? Looking at this plan, I would suggest to place it on the side of the patio door and open the wall between the living room and the family room. I think the flow would be better than having the table by the bay window.
April 19, 2013 at 11:56am   
suzanne_m
Would you consider to have a tv room in your current dining room?
April 19, 2013 at 11:57am   
loladams1
Hi! Thanks for the suggestions. My husband really wants the table by the patio doors. Was worried it might look a bit cluttered but I guess we can have a play about with furniture when we get in. The dimensions are 20'4" x 10'5". We were thinking of making the dining room into another sitting room with tv for football days!
April 19, 2013 at 1:05pm   
OnePlan
so are you putting a door in at the dining end into the kitchen ?
April 19, 2013 at 1:23pm   
a bit narrow given the size of the room.
April 19, 2013 at 1:27pm   
suzanne_m
What are the sizes of your furniture: dining room table? how many chairs for the table? Do you have a sofa already that you plan to put in the living room? end tables? center table? how big is the tv? do you want a tv in the current dining room and in the living room?
April 19, 2013 at 2:02pm   
suzanne_m
loladams1, I made a floor plan of your place. I believe I am close to the measurements you gave us. I tried to be the most realistic as possible for the size of the furniture (sorry for the drawing of the chez - it was the best I could do). It would be to your advantage to have smaller furnitures than the ones on the plan. It could allow for end tables. I did not include the tv but I guess you would need to put it on the wall in front of the chez. Maybe, Houzzers can have ideas on how to place furniture.
April 19, 2013 at 2:50pm   
loladams1
Suzanne, thanks soooo much for the plan. Very useful.
April 20, 2013 at 1:06pm   
suzanne_m
You are welcome. Maybe a round dining table will help the flow.
April 20, 2013 at 2:10pm   
Help needed with living/dining room layout suggestions!!!
We currently have no furniture in our living / dining...
Need help with layout suggestions for living room that also serves as
I need some ideas for this room. It has to be the living...
Help! I need suggestions with living room
I bought these navy blue throw pillows... I have no...
need help and suggestions to design my living room.
Hi all, Need help to design my living room. It has...
How do you display your books?
Some people love their coffee table books, others display...
Carpeting
How do you find good quality carpeting? What to look...
When is a bench appropriate for a dining room?
We've always liked the look of a bench. When is it...