Need some serious design and layout help.
bgoss6474
I am in need of layout and general ideas for this large room in our house. We have 4 boys and the room serves at the family room. There is a kitchen table adjacent which we haven't used to eat on for years- it serves as a catch-all for coats and other objects. I am willing to do anything and everything with this room! Please have a look and forward any suggestions. thanks.
I love your bookcases! I think I would look into getting a sectional for the main seating, and then keep the two brown chairs to use as additional seating. One coffee table, a large round one, and a small table between the two brown chairs. Often, less is more. [houzz=
0 Likes   April 19, 2013 at 5:02PM
Sharon
Is the unused dining table your only dining table? If not, as you haven't used it in years, remove it. I agree with above that a sectional would probably suit your needs better.
2 Likes   April 20, 2013 at 2:59AM
CDR Design
bgoss, you have a great space here!

No cost:

remove the candle sticks on the coffee table. If you have a larger square table in the house you can use as a coffee table, replace with that. Remove the dining table and place some large pillows against the window and a rug. The boys will like that comfy area.

Low cost:

paint the room a warm tone. What color scheme do you want? It is hard to tell the colors, but draw on the carpet and window treatment colors. Are they grey?

The bookcases need some assistance (too many small pieces, with no cohesiveness. Buy some large ceramic pieces in your color scheme. Place those on either end, removing some of the shelves. In the center, you could use a combination of books you already have and the photos. Place several photos together on one shelf. Some of the ceramic could be placed in the center shelves also. Keep with one color.

Accent with pillows to add splashes of color.

More cost:

buy a semicircular couch and a round coffee table. Have window seats put in the bay window area.
1 Like   April 20, 2013 at 3:33AM
Bathroom Layout - Need some serious help!
Hi helpful Houzzers, I'm building a new house (as...
Théa Morash
rooms design & layout need some help
want to redo our laundry/pantry, guest bath, garage...
Tina Bollinger
Need some help with my condo layout design
I just purchased a new condo, I'm having a really hard...
Andrea
This room needs some serious help!
I have this room with amazing ocean views, but I have...
hermosabeachgal
Living room needs some serious help
Just got this rug from in-laws, and it's really quite...
lovelife713
I need help with making my ideas cohesive
I love several types of styles, rustic, mid-century...
April DuBose
Height of couch end tables
In my new transitional/contemporary home, I want to...
nancykeasler
Help - I cant decide which kitchen to get- traditional or modern
I have a huge dilemma I love 2 kitchen designs for...
Faye Bentley
Kitchen Cabinets - Crown Molding- Yes or No?????
Well you guys have done an amazing job on my remodel....
klekas65
Desk in bedroom?
I've heard that doing homework assignments in the bedroom...
carol_12345