Tile color matching
gcbspoke
Do you buy tile in color lots? I am wondering because the tile is in stock but the bull nose tile has to be ordered. So I was not sure if it need to be all he ordered from the same lot. Thanks for your help!
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
The bullnose will not be the same dye lot no matter how the tile is ordered. Your best bet is to order tile from a distributor locally and inspect the match before you purchase the tile.
0 Likes   April 19, 2013 at 8:37PM
Wyland Interior Design Center
Norm is correct, there is no guaranty that the bullnose tile will be an exact match to the field tile. I would check with the wholesale tile vendor and see if they have any issues. Every once in awhile that bullnose tiles can be off. If there is a problem, think about using a pencil tile or liner with a finished edge. Here is an example of a pencil liner that I used as a bullnose. This works well in both kitchens and bathrooms.
0 Likes   April 19, 2013 at 9:29PM
gcbspoke
The tile is at a local distributor, I will check to see if I can order the bull nose in and blend with the tile that is in stock. Thank you for your help
0 Likes   April 19, 2013 at 9:31PM
gcbspoke
@ wyland, I am tiling the floor. I need the bullnose to edge the area that steps down into a sunken living room.
0 Likes   April 19, 2013 at 9:34PM
Wyland Interior Design Center
If you go with a through body porcelain tile or natural stone, the tile installer can self bullnose the tile. You could also use a wood stair nosing.
1 Like   April 19, 2013 at 10:53PM