Tiny ensuite - how to use space
0404kel
I hope you can help solve the puzzle of the best layout for our small ensuite. I would like a frameless shower, wall mounted vanity of 1200 or less and a toilet - thats it! BUT I would love to have natural light to the vanity and the shower to look out the window.....how??? Any extras are fine as long as it doesn't end up cluttered THANKS
0404kel
I should add the window is a sash window with white plantation shutters newly installed. The bottom of the frame is 94cm from the floor and our ceilings are 3.2 meters high. For perspective!
April 19, 2013 at 10:56pm   
Shower at lower left corner, sink beside the window, and toilet to the right of the doorway.
April 20, 2013 at 6:14am   
0404kel
thanks Dytecture. That is a nice layout - do you think it would be off putting to people not to have a mirror above the sink? Do I have space for a low privacy wall between the door opening and the toilet? Really appreciate your feedback.
April 20, 2013 at 10:56am   
OnePlan
There may well be space for a wall but it will cost you space from your basin area ... In a room this size a wall isn't going to make much difference for privacy really and as it's an ensuite I imagine they have witnessed worse than a weeeee moment !! Lol !!! Be brave ! And put a lock on the door if you are shy !!!!
April 20, 2013 at 12:26pm   
Cozy Casita
autocad it .. or draw it on graph paper and shuffle the fittings and fixtures around for best effect (taking existing plumbing into account, of course.)
April 20, 2013 at 12:34pm   
0404kel
Tee hee. Yes I forgot to mention we might sell the house in a few years and was thinking of what others might want in their ensuite as well! And what about the mirror not being over the basin if it is under the window? Will buy some graph paper as well:)
April 20, 2013 at 2:24pm   
747.2fra
Google window above sink and you'll find a number of ideas for mirror placement.
April 20, 2013 at 2:32pm   
0404kel
Of course. Good thinking. Thanks.
April 20, 2013 at 2:41pm   
0404kel
Forgive clumsy drawing but I was thinking about a glass less walk in shower with views out the window. This is the only placement I can think of. Any feedback?
April 20, 2013 at 3:05pm   
ambhk
I don't think you have enough wall for a full width vanity. i would build a 200mm thick wall about 1m high and use a wall mounted basin (or higher and use wall mounted taps as well), this could run the full width of the 2.3m wall through the shower and give you a shelf in the shower, then use glass instead of a solid wall between the shower and vanity. Add mirror cabinets the same thickness above the basin for storage.
April 20, 2013 at 4:39pm     
0404kel
yep good one thanks. Except I really want a glassless shower so I will hang on to that hope for a bit longer!!
April 20, 2013 at 8:52pm   
Cherry countertops over off white glazed cabinets or not?
I am replacing my cabinets in the lower level family...
Transfer photo from web to idea book?
How do I transfer photo from web to idea book?
colour problem in bedroom
My bedroom got repainted light brown. But looks light...
Does anyone know what the name of this stone is?
I love this façade, but don't know who makes it or...