need help for designe of my house
Rena Dib
April 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
i want to change style of my house can y give me idea
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Resource Art & Design
IMO, The terra cotta tiles have to go. Where is the house located? i.e. in US? Depending on your location, I would perhaps go with a more blocky, Art Deco look or, if in southwest, maybe an adobe look. Would definitely create camouflage for the AC or whatever unit on the roof...maybe some tight wood fencing around that entire top roof; just tall enough to cover existence of AC unit. Wire coming down along side of house from the unit should be painted the same color of the house to make it disappear.
Are you in a high crime neighborhood? If not, would take all that metal work off the windows...1) it's not safe for people who might get trapped inside during a fire...children and the elderly would have a tough time getting out especially since it seems to be on ALL exits. 2) Dates the house. 3)Screams that you don't feel safe in your own home.
If this is a dry climate, you need to get some baby trees that will grow fast to about 30' tall. Plant them on south and west side of house to create natural AC (it's called SHADE). If you don't get any rain, YOU WILL HAVE TO WATER EVERY DAY during the hot season, certainly the first year and maybe the second year, too. They won't survive without the water and you will have wasted your money. Will take you about 10 minutes every day to thoroughly water 2-3 trees. It's worth it. That's it for now. Let's get some more good ideas...
1 Like   April 19, 2013 at 11:21PM
PRO
Dytecture
change to what style ?
   April 20, 2013 at 6:12AM
Rena Dib
modern style
   April 21, 2013 at 12:07PM
Rena Dib
the location in south lebanon
   April 21, 2013 at 12:09PM
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Build a screen of horizontal wood (can be reclaimed pallet wood) to block out the swamp cooler on the top of the central structure. Stain the wood a deep brown. Remove the tile false roofs and square them up to their respective walls with more wood trim and stain to match the other wood. Leave the paint color the same on the lower walls and paint the upper block a deep rusty red. Paint all your security bars and window/door trim to match the red/rust of the upper walls.
1 Like   April 21, 2013 at 12:33PM