Flooring
homehappe
April 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I live in a co-op that is apartment (frm 60's)style. I'm on old concrete sub floor that is un-even and crumbling in areas. I recently had a flood n need to replace existing laminate flooring. I was looking into the porcelain tile that looks like wood. I had a guy stop in that all he does is tile. He said the sub floor is in such bad shape don't go any bigger then 12 x 12. there isn't enough clearance under my patio door and the main door going into the hallway to make the floor even(my place won't let me change anything existing walls, doors or their sub-floor) with that said, what else would be recommended for a floor? My floor plan is kind of open and I want to replace the whole thing at once so it all matches if possible. I'm hesitant about laminate because I can see how water damages it (maybe its better now, then from a few years ago?) I don't want to invest a ton of money, this is a stepping stone for me I don't plan on being here long term. I don't really want tile on whole floor or go the carpet route. what other options can be recommended?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
April 20, 2013 at 7:25pm   
More Discussions
Painting and wall stamps
Hi everyone What a lovely experience I've had on houzz...
Refinishing deck, which color?
Hi all! We're refinishing our deck with Behr Premium...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Has anyone used lg hausy minuet quartz?
We are redoing our master bath. i love the look of...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™