Kitchen floor help
gweire
I want cream cabinets in my new kitchen. I think a dark floor looks best as it warms the look. I do not want wood floors. Are tile floors hard on the feet and legs?
suzanne_m
Armstrong Flooring (and I am sure other floor companies) have vinyl tiles that mimic quite well ceramic tiles. They even put grout in between the tiles. It is not hard on the feet and legs and the floor is not cold.
April 20, 2013 at 6:49pm   
Interiors International, Inc.
Yes they are, I have them in one house and hate it. I am putting vinyl plank wood floors in my new summer home. I have used them in 4 of my clients homes and they love them. They look so really most people can't tell that they are not. It is so easy to stand on them with bare feet. My favorite one is made by Karndean. They have a loose lay product that is easy to install and is just marvelous looking.
April 20, 2013 at 6:54pm   
agreed, vinyl laminate floors could give the look of wood while providing some softness on the feet.
April 20, 2013 at 7:01pm   
Oellien Design, Inc.
There are some great vinyl plank floors on the market.
April 20, 2013 at 7:04pm   
ctjim
I've been thinking of a floating cork floor. Everywhere I go, they swear they are wonderful for the kitchen. They come in a large variety of colors or pattern them like tiles.
April 20, 2013 at 7:05pm   
gweire
Thanks for your suggestions. I have seen a vinyl plank floor and did like it. It had a pretty dull finish though. Maybe some manufacturers make them with a bit of a shine?

How do you care for cork floors? Is the finish soft and easily scratched?
April 20, 2013 at 7:35pm   
Would a tech-free day work in your home?
Imagine that you woke up one day and there were on...
Tile Sealant Stained Tile Yellow!!!
We had our shower floor tiled in pebbles earlier this...
Sunroom help
We are moving into a home with an amazing sunroom....
Please help me rearrange my living room furniture!
This room is certainly missing something what would...
New set up for living room
Need some help on what sofa set up to get with this...