Counter top in cabin
shanny1316
We have a log cabin. I wanted to brighten it up by having light grey floors. We are facing the fireplace and would like to keep the grey, cream and Caramel colour of the wood in the stone but worried the one we picked is going to be solo much grey. Also the kitchen cabinets will be a cream colour (similar to what we have now) but unsure what colour the countertops should be. If we go light then it maybe too much light and greys. Thoughts???
TanCalGal
I'd like a medium tone brown wood floor, not gray.
Hybrid Log House

A granite or quartz counter than repeats and enhances the stone of the fireplace. Kitchen ideas for log homes
0 Likes   April 21, 2013 at 8:16PM
shanny1316
Thank you for the input however the grey floor is what we have. Also, the is just our cabin so granite or quartz is not in the budget. Really looking for some input on what collars the counter tops should be. Thank you
0 Likes   April 22, 2013 at 8:05PM
Jayme H.
I think your current counters should work out fine..or do u want to change those?
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 6:57AM
shanny1316
The entire kitchen is being replaced so we will put new counters. As the floor is grey and cupboards white, walls are log I just was wanting to see what we should do to keep the feel bright. We don't get direct sun and I find it dark but we haven't laid the floor yet. Once we do I think it will make a huge difference... Hence not sure what color to do counters. Light or drk
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 7:08PM
Jayme H.
It could go either way....I advise bringing home samples for comparison..next to the cabinets, in your lighting etc..
0 Likes   April 24, 2013 at 5:44AM
Moving kitchen to screened deck
Just bought a house in Atlanta. Love the house, hate...
rs7623926
Mixing venetian blind styles - would this work?
We have an open kitchen- family room concept. We...
bigtimebookie
My livingroom needs help! Bay windows opposite fireplace challence...
We bought a house with a big livingroom where we would...
krickelina
I need help picking a rug and drapes
I need help picking a new rug and new drapes. I am...
kburdette
Problems with furniture placement in akward sized,room
Ok...I don't know if you can get the idea of the setup,of...
Shannon Taylor