Need help for my 5,3 sq m kitchen
Aiko Di
A very small open kitchen, any ideas? Thanks
1njgal
What exactly do you need help with? Do you have any photos?
April 21, 2013 at 3:39am   
the attachment is small as well to see. Looks like a compact and efficient layout.
April 21, 2013 at 10:07am   
Aiko Di
I never had such small kitchen and need to plan it to make it efficient and looking good as well as it is conected to living room. There are no pictures yet as the house is being bult now. The layout is what I have planned on the plan so far but if you have any hints on the design, colours, practical solutions, will be very appreciated :)
April 21, 2013 at 11:56am   
Lesley Delle_Grazie
That looks like the same layout as MY kitchen! The biggest problem with it is the lack of any counter space. It's a really efficient layout for your working triangle, but you might regret breaking up your counter-space. The corner spaces aren't going to give you much room to work. I would be more inclined to buy a stand-alone range, as opposed to the cooktop and wall oven, to gain some extra counter space. You might also consider placing the fridge and range on the left side and leaving the right side with a clear long run of counter. I hate my kitchen; we're putting on an addition in the next couple of months, but we have 3 cooks in the family!
April 21, 2013 at 12:46pm     
Aiko Di
Thanks a lot Lesley, I will definitely use the hints! And hope I won't hate mine - love cooking as well! :)
April 21, 2013 at 1:18pm   
Aiko Di
What would you say about using one of the corners for a cooktop and having thewhole counter space for work? I've seen it somewhere but not convinced with how practical this would be..
April 21, 2013 at 1:30pm   
Lesley Delle_Grazie
I asked that too before we decided to go ahead with our addition. A cooktop placed in the corner will take up a lot more of your floor space because it will need to be pulled forward to accommodate for the width, and you'll have a big useless space behind it. I did scale drawings of our current kitchen and made cutouts of appliances (also to scale), and moved them around the space to see what would work. Try it; it makes it easier to visualize what will work. The reason my kitchen no longer works for my family is that my daughter also likes to cook, and I find that 2 people in the kitchen is just too much. One person is always standing in front of something you need to get to because we've only got the 2 corners to work in. Even with our new addition, we are going to be buying an AEG 36" electric range (can't do gas), just so I can be sure I won't lack for counter-space.
April 21, 2013 at 1:47pm     
Aiko Di
Now we have changed slightly the walls and the cooktop goes on the left. We've used the scale of appliances, this may work and it leaves all the working space free on the right side of the plan. Still very happy to hear any criticism :) Thanks!
April 21, 2013 at 2:13pm   
Lesley Delle_Grazie
Nice! I hope you can make this work as far as cabinet-sizes, etc. I just know you will appreciate having room to work, one cook to another ;)
April 21, 2013 at 4:50pm     
Help arranging furniture in living room
Hi, I can't decide what's the best furniture arrangement...
generic ceiling paint question
Hello All, My wife and I just purchased a single family...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Curtains
When are short curtains ok? I was thinking of small...