What kind of edging for landscaping?
April 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want there to be a more defined edge on this bed. What's the easiest to install?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Natalie Langford
Could you cut into the grass at an angle and then fill with fresh mulch? We see that a lot in Virginia.
April 21, 2013 at 6:20AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I do plan on mulching again this year but the cutting into the grass at an angle - not so good at that! I thought either metal or plastic edging that I hammer into the ground would help?
April 21, 2013 at 6:25AM     
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Revolutionary Gardens
Easiest by far is to just do a spaded edge (sometimes called a Victorian trench - a Google search of either will pull up plenty of examples). The plastic edging is trash and doesn't hold up well; metal edging holds up, but is pretty pricely. I simply do a clean, spaded edge for 99.9% of my clients and it looks good, lasts the season, and is pretty simple to do with the right tools (ie, a very sharp edged, flat bladed metal spade)
April 21, 2013 at 6:27AM     
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
small family room with small openings
My family room is very tricky to decorate. All I can...
Is the couch too big? Rug too small? What do I need to "finish" this?
I'm wondering if the couch in this living room is too...
Backyard slope
So our backyard has a very dramatic downhill slope...
Induction over wall oven?
Lots of conflicting info out there but according to...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™