Help with bathroom colors for my farmhouse renovation
jbfancyfaceApril 21, 2013
I really like the attached wood tile for the master ate in my farmhouse that I am renovating. Can you help me with shower tile colors, vanity colors and paint? Thank you
slgriggs
What color(s) is/ are you using in the master bedroom?

What's your favorite color?

Btw, love the floor product. Would you share the product name?
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 7:52AM
0825sam
If you are open to an old meets new look, I think a contemporary 12x24 or 6x12 tile in a light color would look great with those floors - which I love (are you going to do the herringbone pattern?). I have emser strands oyster in my guest bath - it is similar to the attached photo. Pittsburgh paints moth grey paint is perfect with the tile. I like the black counter in this photo as well maybe with a reclaimed wood vanity?

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 8:11AM
jbfancyface
I am going to use whites, ivory, distressed wood in the master with I think a light beige on the walls. My favorite color is blue. I was thinking maybe even like a grayish colored tumbled rock or even a honed subway tile with maybe a honey wood tone for the vanity?? The rest of the house has just fallen into place I am struggling a bit with the master bath...But liking the direction I am going now :-)

Not sure about the herringbone pattern? Thoughts? Feels a little more uptown than I was looking for?

This wood product is Redwood Natural Wood Plank Porcelain.
Appreciate your comments
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 10:45AM
bluenan
Love, love the herringbone pattern, not too uptown at all.
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 10:52AM
0825sam
Agree love the herringbone
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:17AM
bluenan
I see blue/grey in that floor, use a very pale blue/grey on the walls. I think of honey colored wood as having an amber or yellow cast which I don't see at all in this floor. Have you considered a creamy white or light putty vanity? You could go darker on the vanity top to pull in some more of the colors in the floor.
master bath
Spa-like master bath with glass chandelier and pedestal tub
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:18AM
slgriggs
I saw recently, a shower floor using the same tile as the bath floor to make a more continuos flow. To continue the flow, frameless shower walls and door were used. It was beautiful.

For the shower walls that cannot be glass, a mix of stone and glass in the colors of the wood could be nice. Also, there a beach pebble tile (matted together) that would look nice and continue the organic feeling.

If you are up to a colored vanity, you might consider a dark charcoal base. If you have enough storage, a pedestal sink would keep an open and airy feeling.

I recently used SW dock side blue in my bathroom. It reminds me of the beach. It should look nice with the wood looking tile. Or go a bit lighter. The dockside blue has a tiny bit of gray cast when you put it next to other blues but it's very soothing
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:23AM
bluenan
Some more vanity colors.
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:23AM
slgriggs
I forgot, and see someone else mentioned a off white vanity. That would keep the room bright. I failed to ask if this is a big room and how much light is present.

I would urge you to consider using granite or marble or engineered stone on the vanity top. If you have a small vanity,many stone places have remnants that are about a couple of hundred dollars, of course depending on the size. Keep the business minimum. Remember the KISS principle.
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:28AM
slgriggs
BTWlook at restoration hardware vanities for ideas.
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:29AM
jbfancyface
Okay so maybe honey was not a good desciptive wood. More like bluenans picture on the left. I was checking out restoration hardware vanities just this morning, I like the vintage whites which is really more of an off white or even that taupe I thought might look nice.... So you think I could pull off the herringbone...

Agree with your simple terms that is why I don't want to get too crazy with my shower tile. The room is nice size with good light and the shower front will be all glass....
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:54AM
jbfancyface
Just found this.... What about this for the shower wall stone? See the beam color- vanity color in that or the creamy white or taupe...
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:57AM
bluenan
Awesome!!
    Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 12:37PM
Uyenvy Le
anything earthy would go with it :) blues, greens, white, reds :)
    Bookmark   September 17, 2014 at 10:45PM
Help, my farmhouse kitchen is stuck in the '90s
I would love input on how to update my farmhouse kitchen....
louiseize
need help selecting a bathroom vanity for my renovated bathroom
I am trying to select a vanity wood and color to complement...
linettag
Vintage farmhouse bathrooms need character yet modern simple touches.
Finding designer materials is a challenge in a rural...
cdamrow
Help to create farmhouse style
Hi, We are entirely redecorating our house and deperately...
ch_lavoie1
need help for my bathroom renovations
We will be tiling the entire bathtub alcove (3 sides)...
caroreno
need help for my master bathroom layout
Walls for closet are partition walls and flexible to...
Shaynis Connor
Paulette
Help furnishing my living and dining room
Hi! Do the furniture I pick make sense together? On...
mirandask
updating my bedroom
Ihave a white bedroom with white duvet,bedside cubes...
bronan
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie