Convert 50 yr old house to Open Concept Home
postie109byrd
I have just purchased my parents 50 year old 1408 sg ft bungalow 4 bedroom 1 bath. I want to make it an open concept 3 bedroom,with on suite as well as a mud room with washer/dryer and sink with toilet. Am totally confused as to where all this can fit in the space I have to work with, House is 44x32 with kitchen/dining room and two bedrooms on back of house and living room (large) and 2 bedrooms in front. Other bath is on end of house opposite living room. Any suggestions or places to get idead from. Love this website. It is amazing how much is hear. I am overwhelmed with ideas. Congrats to the web designers as I do not think there is a site out there that can touch your plans and ideas.If you have ideas or suggestions email me at pat_slaney@hotmail.com .I am starting in two weeks and have a budget of $80,000 for renos. Will probably strip everything inside walls,studs,etc and start from there. No structual work to be done at all.
PH Interiors, LLC
You really need at least a consultation with a local designer or architect - money well spent when you have this extensive a reno to plan. You say you want it be open concept and that typically means removing or moving walls so I'm confused when you say no structural work to be done. Maybe I'm missed something here?
April 22, 2013 at 12:17pm     
Need help picking exterior house colors for 105 yr old KC MO home.
We are replacing the roof (barkwood shingles) and repairing...
50 yr unfinished old bathroom....laundry area even worse
Ripped apart, barely functional....wster but no flooring,...
keep old windows or buy new windows for 80 yr. old house
I have a Georgian home that was remodeled 20 yrs ago...
Restoring 106 yr old home
We bought this awesome Edwardian, which had no updates...
Door color update on a calamine lotion color home?
I will be honest. I hate the color of our house. It...
Bored with my loung room- need help pls!!
Hello Experts, I need help with my loung please! The...
Oil floors
We are trying to figure out whether or not we should...
Dining room lighting
Has anyone used just potlights over a dining room table...
HELP! 50 shades of gray paint dilemma!
We are refinishing our basement family room. I used...