Need help with corner in living room
Nancy
We originally were going to put a pellet stove in the corner. We have just purchased a ductless air conditioning unit with heat & no longer need a pellet stove. We are still lying tile on the hearth. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY IDEAS !! I am at a loss .....
Ann
Very nice job! I think it pretty much needs some type of freestanding wood or pellet stove.
April 21, 2013 at 2:02pm   
HERE Design and Architecture
If you don't need the hearth, I would remove it.
April 21, 2013 at 2:05pm     
Nancy
We just spent 200.00 on tile for hearth .. He would never remove it. I need ideas as of what I can put there, other than a pellet stove ......
April 21, 2013 at 2:08pm   
sueb1961
The stone you've put up on the wall is beautiful and could be a feature wall in the room without a pellet stove. Maybe put a corner shelving unit in and let the stone show through the back. But I would take out the hearth if I were you. I had two of them in my house after the previous owners left them without a stove, and I was always tripping on them. It also would hamper your ability to utilize that corner for furniture. Good luck!
April 21, 2013 at 2:09pm     
Nancy
Thanks ... That's a good idea. I highly doubt he will take down the hearth, but its worth begging for !! Thank you
April 21, 2013 at 2:11pm   
DIAspoton
you could have a fabulous water feature there. browse around here and pinterest and local pond and garden stores for ideas. i'm not talking a little fountain. you'd need to do somework, talk with pros and make this a true design feature bringing a little outside in.
April 21, 2013 at 2:12pm     
Wyland Interior Design Center
What about some kind of custom water fountain? Maybe add a custom built free standing corner cabinet with a big screen TV on top? Custom fish aquarium to fit in space? How about looking for some kind of large sculptured piece of art work. Turn it into a planter box by add a curb (like a shower) fill it with rock pebbles and add different sizes of potted plants. Corner wood shelves going across to display items. A throne chair for the king of the house. Okay I'm getting silly. Wow! I'm stumped?
April 21, 2013 at 2:16pm     
Nancy
I threatened my husband & told him I would put a toilet there !! Thanks for the great ideas ... Much appreciated !!
April 21, 2013 at 2:18pm   
Wyland Interior Design Center
There is a throne for him. Landmark Metalcoat has one covered in bronze. :)
April 21, 2013 at 2:27pm     
Nancy
PERFECT !! Hahahaha !!
April 21, 2013 at 2:28pm   
April 21, 2013 at 2:36pm     
Nancy
That's sounds nice .... I MUST look into that !! Thanks so much. This my just save my husbands ass ... LOL
April 21, 2013 at 2:38pm     
OnePlan
We have one ! Well two actually, in different rooms - sure I have a pic on here somewhere ..
April 21, 2013 at 11:58pm   
linlac
I definitely wouldn't remove it. Add a fireplace mantel or wood stove depending on your taste. You can use gel cans, gas logs, electric or candles just for the look. You can order a fireplace cabinet on line with your choice of finish. Or you could shop around for a cool looking wood stove. These are corner models. I like the high one but you wouldn't want to cover your tile. If you have the budget you could have something custom built.
April 22, 2013 at 2:26am     
Just moved in and need help! Blank slate!
19x21 room with lots of potential! Need help with...
Top of wall decor or design
What would you put on the top of this wall where the...
Is this going to look really bad?
I have a beam over the sink in my kitchen. Technically...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
Need Help For My Bedroom Wall paint color !
I have this wallpaper on wall behind the bed, the furniture...