Small ALL white kitchen in APT
thrill904
I am looking to spruce up my kitchen which is in an apartment so needs to be temporary. It is open to the living room and need ideas. I am open for any suggestions (above the cabinets is a cut out to the bedroom)
Ann
Accents in very bright colors would be great (like lime green, bright yellow and turquoise).
]
April 22, 2013 at 10:06am     
Purcell Quality, Inc.
They make removable wallpaper which could be fun for your kitchen wall. Affordable and temporary!
April 22, 2013 at 10:14am   
Rocky Mountain Color & Design
I wrote an article entitled "How to Color Kitchen Walls in Apartments". Hope this helps! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1noFCz4GQH6Q7MvFd6rFrPXkWhwccCLZKXcaVpYfcuDk
April 22, 2013 at 10:33am     
mpoulsom
would your landlord let you paint the kitchen/bedroom wall?
and what colors are you using in the living area?
April 22, 2013 at 10:43am   
mpoulsom
oh yea..one more question...what's your budget?
April 22, 2013 at 10:48am   
leelee
I wouldn't spend any money that I couldn't take with me. Put your money in colorful canisters and fun art that would tie it together. Use vintage food posters or travel posters.
April 22, 2013 at 10:50am     
thrill904
No painting allowed as far as I am aware. My budget is quite flexible but couldn't see myself spending more then a ~$150 on kitchen decor.
April 22, 2013 at 11:41am   
Brenda
Take a trip to HomeGoods. Something will catch your eye, and before you know it you'll have a whole cart full of things that go together. $150 might be tough, but I bet you could do it for under $250 there.
April 22, 2013 at 11:46am   
Ann
I think you'll accomplish a lot with a large colorful vertical piece of art on the wall to the left of the frig and then, using the same colors, accents. Leelee's suggestions above are perfect - it'll look great!
April 22, 2013 at 1:31pm     
mpoulsom
Then get a bright colored piece of art to the left by bar area as suggested....then hunt down an old window from a salvage or junk store and paint the frame a fun color, then place a mirror behind it. It will look like you have a window in there and expand the place.
I think the idea of putting up the removable wallpaper for a backsplash is a great idea from above too.
Throw a color from your palette in a throw rug below sink and or stove....you can find some really fun indoor/outdoor mats and rugs in wonderful colors and patterns these days.
April 22, 2013 at 1:43pm   
mpoulsom
You could even just get a piece of thin plywood and either stain it or paint it a fun color and screw it into the wall behind the stove and the countertops on either side. Cheap and cheerful and removable! That doesn't look like a very big space to add your punch!
April 22, 2013 at 1:47pm   
leelee
Your kitchen is small enough that you shouldn't have to spend too much....shop on line for vintage posters!
April 22, 2013 at 6:07pm   
calikym
What colors do you already have going in the attached living room?
April 22, 2013 at 6:22pm   
TV and fireplace placement in Great room
We are building a custom home with a large great room...
How should I bring some life and spunk in this room?
I live in an apartment in Mumbai, Infia. Here, like...
Need help on showroom floor paint color
I have an appliance showroom with white walls and ceiling....
Living Room Dilemma
Looking for advice for my living room. I was thinking...