Door/Entryway ideas?
jojolatte
Currently there are 5-6 different trimmed doorways/entryways throughout my home. I'm trying to make everything come together. Maybe not the exact same but narrow it down to 2 different styles that compliment each other. All trim for the most part will be white. Following are a few pics. I love the trim thickness and country feel of the first door (door will be painted white as well) and I believe it is original to the home. I also love the angled corners going from the dining to kitchen (which my husband despises!). If you had this dilemma, what would you do?
jojolatte
Zoomed in images of photo number 2 above
April 22, 2013 at 3:03pm   
jojolatte
After demoing all walls to the studs, it appears I'm able to expand the angled entryway a few feet. It's nice to have a little wiggle room! I'm really hoping this opens up many kitchen and dining area
April 23, 2013 at 8:19pm   
calikym
Why can't you leave the drywall angles and have the larger, square trim? The trim that obviously doesn't match is the oak trim that is bottom, middle and top in 1 of the rooms. I LOVE your doors and trims and baseboard, the first photo. Just keep that look going.
April 23, 2013 at 8:25pm   
So for your doors, as many as you can, you are going to try to make like your first example? I like them but find they definitely a country feel - particularly painted white - so you are heading in the right direction that you stated in your dilemma. I think I glimpsed one already painted white and it looks good.

For your angled entryway, I am so glad that you can widen it and straighten it because the style is too sophisticated for country style. Just keep the lines straight.

All the best for the project
April 23, 2013 at 8:25pm     
Make something out of nothing
We're purchasing a gone from a builder that won't allow...
Help me identify these odd wall fixtures
Our house is a 1963 ranch. There are two of these...
Help with accessorizing new media console
Hi, we recently purchased the PB printers collection...