Small kitchen
Judith M
I have problems, my kitchen is very small someone could give me ideas on how to decorate and organize?? they are greatly appreciate
Organize Don't Agonize
I don't see any clutter in your kitchen, what are you looking to organize exactly?
For the decorating, if you want to update it a little, I would take the valance down and add a nice shade and you can change out the cabinet handles, they are pretty cheap at the home depot or Lowes & very easy to change out! Just make sure you bring one with you to ensure you get the same size. I would go with nickel or brushed nickle. If you want to invest more money, an updated back splash would look great and solid cabinet doors up top in place of the glass inserts, to flow with the others.
0 Likes   April 22, 2013 at 8:03PM
Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
Hi, I would change the curtains and paint out your cabinets all the same colour. My favourite Ben Moore OC 39 Timid White. While you are at it replace the hardware. The painting is too high up on the wall and needs to be placed on a smaller wall. A round carpet placed in the middle of the space will add a cozy feel. A large Painting will add drama and colour if placed on the wall adjacent to the entry door. SInce there is not any electrical to hang a chandelier over the table or in the centre of the space, look for a non electrical candle chandelier to add ambiance. You can use the flameless candles that turn on every night at the same time. The Real Flame line looks very realistic.
0 Likes   April 22, 2013 at 8:31PM
I would close the back of that upper shelf left of the stove, adding doors for more out of site storage of less frequently used and large items. Paint all the cabinetry to match the white doors. New updated handles would help the look. Semi-flush drum light fixtures would add a different ambiance, as would fabric or fiber roman shades instead of curtains and valances.
0 Likes   April 22, 2013 at 8:37PM
Linda Anthony
cover the popcorn ceiling first!
0 Likes   April 22, 2013 at 9:12PM
Wyland Interior Design Center
I agree, painting the cabinets all the same color would make the room look larger. A tile backsplash going up to the upper cabinets will give it a more updated look. Consider removing the galley spindle rails and change out the glass on the upper doors to something simple like reed or water glass. A new shorter fabric window valance with a blind under or roman shade would look nice. The large open shelf above the peninsula might be more useful with another shelf or add doors with glass to still keep the open airy feeling. New countertops would help.
0 Likes   April 22, 2013 at 9:13PM
LB Interiors
Didn't read. Maybe ........ All the cabinets frames white also. Keep countertops clear. Just a few accessories. Fruit bowl, vase of flowers for color. No valance at window. Two large rectangle mirrors on each side of table set, same size and frame. Sheer panels, not tied back at the table window.
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 1:19AM
Stamps Design Services
How about painting the cabinets one color, (as others suggested) updating the window treatments, purchasing some roll out racks and or baskets (for organization) and some new light fixtures? Track light can give you directed lighted and a mini-pendent can also, These are from lampsplus.com, but arre sold at places like Lowes and Home Depot. Roman shades are sold by many places such as Bed, bath and Beyond.. or you can make them yourself. I You can also find decorative covered baskets at places like Target, Walmart or Pier One:-)
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 2:00AM
Malcolm Duffin Design
Curtains away , small Roman or roller blinds , as Stamps has shown , handles Yes update with chrome steel . Table and stools could be updated a bit ,
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 2:25AM
hazelnuts
I just will add a suggestion for safety: to round the counter's edges
0 Likes   April 23, 2013 at 9:36AM
outletsart
You can make your home more Artistic.I hope this can help you to make your home more beautiful. Weclome to my site: Outletarts .com
0 Likes   May 15, 2013 at 2:02AM
kitchen project/cabinet hardware/flooring
updating my kitchen.. the last picture is the before...
Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
I read the article on the ten steps to saying goodbye...
Need help with accent color(s) to use with wall and sofa
My living room is green, along the same green as in...
Need help selecting a rug and PIllows
We just bought a house and trying to set up slowly....
Horrid tile
I want to change the tile behind my stove, I'm not...