I need colour ideas for master bedroom
kmoroney
Hi i have recently pirchased a house and i want to paint the master bedroom. currently it is a really dark green with the horizontal tongue and groove paneling which is approximately 1/4 of the walls painted brown. There is also a build in wooden wardrobe. The pine floor boards will be polished once the painting is complete!
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
Ed
Moroney, congrats on your new home! You have so many pretty choices! --
Lum
Jewell Street Addition
living room
Yeung Residence
April 23, 2013 at 4:19am     
carolins
Ed is right, there are so many choices. I wouldn't know what to advise to give, since I don't know what kind of furniture you'll be putting in here, what your style is.
It would be really useful if you start an ideabook here on houzz for your bedroom, browse the bedroom photos and add photos that appeal to you to your ideabook. That way you can form an idea of what you would like and we can see what your style is.

It is also useful to know which way the room is facing.

I noticed that you already put up a thread with this question some time ago. If you don't get responses, you can just comment under here yourself to put it up on the list again. Otherwise it gets very confusing.

Good luck.
April 23, 2013 at 4:28am     
A Crew of Two
You do not say what your style is.....that will help us. The obvious is to paint the wainscoting white to brighten the room. If you like the wood then choose your bedding first before you paint or do anything else. What colors do you like? I love this bedding. You could stain the wall a little darker, paint the upper half a soft sage or teal Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage Paint Templeton Gray 161 by Benjamin Moore
April 23, 2013 at 4:57am     
Nancy Hehmann
I would select the bedding - comforter etc prior to selecting the wall paint. Then you can choose one you absolutely love. Or select the artwork first and then choose the paint. I am a big fan of antique white because it makes the room look larger and enhances all the furnishings. It makes the other colors you use really pop.
April 23, 2013 at 5:33am     
kmoroney
Thanks for the advice everyone! I was thinking either white on the wood and a light gray on top? I'm new to this whole thing! I don't want anything outrageous, just something simple. I haven't purchased furniture for the bedrooms I will probably get a wooden bedroom suite
April 26, 2013 at 1:52am   
Ed
kmoroney, everybody starts out new to this whole thing. :) When you say "white on the wood", which wood do you mean ? Do you mean you want to paint the entire floor white ? And "light gray on top", on top of where ?
Usually, the more specific your notes, the better people can help you. Exactly which color on which part of your room, which materials, etc. :)
April 26, 2013 at 2:02am     
kmoroney
Sorry! I was at work and got distracted, then posted and realised it made no sense..
I was thinking of painting the horizontal tongue and groove paneling white and the walls a light gray. I'm just not sure how this will make the room look i.e open up the space or make it feel small.
April 26, 2013 at 5:21am   
kmoroney
And Kelly that's what I was thinking of doing! Thanks for the help
April 26, 2013 at 5:23am     
Need to match area rug to this pattern
This is the Waverly bedroom comforter set I chose and...
Bathroom disaster
To me, this is a discombobulated mess. (Glass shower...
Need help on multiple tile designs!!
We are ripping out our carpet in the bedrooms and our...
New house. Can't decide on wall color
We are moving into a new house that I want to repaint....