Electrical receptacles
terricole
Just built a new house and our county or state requires new childproof receptacles that no one can put plugs into? I had one person suggest breaking through the barrier by putting a screw driver into the receptacle. The little plastic caps on the outside of receptacles worked fine for my children. Solutions anyone?
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
The tamper proof receptacles do function better after they have been used a few times.
April 24, 2013 at 6:51am     
handymam
Do not stick a screwdriver through them... You could always change the ones you use most after your home passes all it's inspections etc. to regular old fashioned ones, but keep in mind if you sell your home, you will have to go through the expense of changing them back. Might be easier to just learn to use them as is.
April 24, 2013 at 6:54am   
kimdee24
They do get easier. I had one I couldn't get a plug into for love or money. Works good now, but I had to get someone stronger than me to get the plug into it the first time. I actually thought it was broken until it was explained to me.
April 24, 2013 at 6:55am   
handymam
Sounds like me visiting my sister's house!
April 24, 2013 at 7:02am   
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
Little boys are very curious creatures. I remember when I was a youngster playing with the receptacles in my parents bathroom using a paper clip. The lights went out and I thought I was dead. There is a reason for new codes, I would never recommend circumventing them.
April 24, 2013 at 7:06am   
Sweetlake Interior Design LLC
My client made a comment to me once, regarding the child proof receptacles that stuck in my head! She said, I they are like little virgins, you need pop them to get them going!
April 24, 2013 at 7:07am     
kimdee24
LOL, Sweetlake Interior Design!
April 24, 2013 at 7:14am   
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Please help with Exterior color-four days to decide.
We have four days before the painter needs to know...
How to set up an 18" wide 60 " high 5 roll out shelf pantry cabinet
I'm renovating my kitchen and have almost 2 x as many...
Bedroom Help/curtain problems
My mom has been trying to work with this bedroom for...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...