Picking granite
kawabi
April 24, 2013 in Photo Questions
Is santorini granite a brand name? Style? What is an exotic?
Granite Grannies
Hi Kawabi,
Thanks for the question. Granite doesn't have brand names because it's a natural material (the same way you can't pick a brand of wood, only the company that prepares it for the market.) Santorini is a color of granite. You can kind of think about how elm, oak, and cherry are all wood, but have different characteristics, so it is with granite. Granite is usually grouped by the quarry spot it came from and the color formations. Santorini can be recognized by its signature red/ pink color pattern. An exotic granite just means it's much rarer and thus more expensive. Exotic granites can be harder to cut and install, but sometimes they are just very uncommon. For example, the granite in my home showed up for a short while on the market and there was never a granite just like it again. Supply and demand. Hope this helps answer your questions!
April 24, 2013 at 6:14pm   
Stays or Goes?
I just purchased this ornamental grass and I am debating...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
Help with Front Door Colour Please!
My Front door was originally the same colour as the...
New home paint dilemma - can fabric and marmoleum insets be painted?
We are thrilled about our new home, but stumped about...