mam1
July 26, 2011 in Photo Questions
This may be a dumb question, but is black marble easier to maintain than the lighter versions like Carrera?
Niki Papadopoulos
You will likely have less staining issues but you would see things like oil a lot more easily. The key to any natural counter top is sealing and caring for it properly. While you might not notice a drop of red wine here or there, you will likely notice oil and finger prints a lot more.
0 Likes   July 26, 2011 at 12:40PM
mam1
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm considering just doing a marble backsplash and something that require much less maintenance on the counter.
0 Likes   July 26, 2011 at 4:19PM
Niki Papadopoulos
You might want to consider Caesarstone, it is much more durable and stain resistant.
0 Likes   July 26, 2011 at 4:23PM
eemr
Staining is not an issue with marble (or any stone for that matter) when the material is properly sealed!! There is an AMAZING sealer from http://www.drytreat.com.... I believe there is only one distributor in Toronto
1 Like   August 26, 2011 at 11:05AM
mam1
Thanks ysdesignblog! Oil and fingerprints sounds like a bigger problem than staining since both are always part of the "goings on" in a kitchen. Thanks for your insight! Mary Ann
1 Like   August 26, 2011 at 12:30PM
Need Help With Mom's Kitchen to Sell Her House
We need to sell Mom's house. We have a limited amount...
Length of drapes
My husband and I are in month five of rehabbing our...
Need help with red lacquer chest and gray fireplace
Trying to decorate my living room while working with...
Need help Exterior and Interior Retreat Studio
Little over a hour north of Atlanta this modern studio...