help with color accents
gemmax
April 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
beautiful deep sky blue walls medium gold sofa and chair white rug with green trim, need to tie it together
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ASVInteriors
Pick up the greens from your rug and/or the deep sky blue from the walls and add them as cushions to the seating - also use the same or similar colour/patterns for lampshades artwork and accessories
Picture would definitely help? No idea if we are working contemporary or traditional
April 24, 2013 at 2:51PM   
leelee
Can we see a picture? Sounds like you need a piece of art to connect the colored dots
April 24, 2013 at 2:52PM   
PRO
Patti Smith, PS Designs
Tie it all together with your accents. Artwork that reflects these colors won't be hard to find. Then add throw pillows for the sofa and chair that have all three of these colors and perhaps a fourth neutral color (i.e.- ivory, beige, white). In addition, If your Sofa color is not too intense, you might consider adding a "punch of color" in a piece of furniture (see attached photo). Spray paint colors are keeping up with the demands homeowner's want and need, so you might be able to refurbish an old piece that turns out being a great focal point in the room. Then, choose lamps to compliment the entire arrangement, and you will have made all of your existing pieces look and feel like it was all planned out! Good luck, and have fun!
April 24, 2013 at 2:59PM