one long curtain rod over a wall of Fr. doors & casement window or individual curtain rods
odessaw
We are almost finished with remodeling our kitchen, which actually became redoing the entire first floor of a small cape house!
We installed French doors on the back of the house which is one wall of the kitchen. Re: curtain rods...I have recently noticed that some windows are treated with one rod extending from one side of the house to the other, with finials at each end. I had planned to put the rods over each set of Fr. doors. There will be 2' inbetween each set of window to accommodate the curtains. Which way is prettier...one long rod, or one rod over each set of doors. Also, there will be one 5'x6 ' casement window at the end of the run. I am planning to treat that the same way...probably with a curtain rod with finials. What would be best?
For summer I have white linen deep hemmed curtains. For winter, I am planning to have another set of LINED curtains for warmth and more privacy on cold wintery nights.
karen paul interiors
odessaw, Please send us photos so Houzzers can see what you see. Much thanks. :)
0 Likes   April 24, 2013 at 7:45PM
Window treatments for kitchen
Moving to an apartment and the kitchen windows are...
Need Help Redecorating my den/library, HELP!
My home is an English Tudor from the 1930ies, I am...
Need help with a paint color for exterior wall
I just moved into this house and my backyard is in...
Closing home for winter
Need help closing down my house for the winter
small ranch,wood trim,sectional
The day after Thanksgiving and need to figure out what...